"Antarctic Peninsula" Antarctica by Anita_Porec
Antarctica Travel Guide: 1,170 reviews and 2,731 photos
I came back. I loved it.
Experiance = worth every penny.
FEB 27 - March 11 //2007
I spent 10 days on the MS Explorer (GAP) from Ushuaia covering the Antarctic Peninsula. Since this was the second to last expedition in the season, the weather was expected to be cold(er) and with very few sun rays... BUT we were exceptionally lucky and had AMAZING weather!!
On top of that, we ran into some not so usual sights and a very, very calm Drake's Passage coming back, which allowed us to actualy enjoy the last few days, walk around the ship without being afriad to brake any limbs and - cruise around Cape Horn at sunrise.
Save your money and call me! heh
Nah really, it is worth every little travel cent you're saving on the side.
OK. First, I'm sure you realize you will not see any of the Antarctic animals anywhere else, right?!
This being my first point....
Come to Antarctica and just be amazed.
Penguins, whales, seals, orcas..... up close and personal.
The close encaunters will leave you speachless, but bragging for the rest of your life.
There is no color in Antarctica. No flowers, trees or green at all....
I wondered what kind of pictures I was going to take here?!
It is so white you need polarized glasses...never mind your polarized lense.
It is so white, you wil forget about colour and realize you always liked white more, but you've never quite been sorrounded by it in such a overwhelmingly beautiful landscape...
(and yeah, a January morning in your Canadian driveway does not count)...
Ice sure looks amazing whan it's not on your way to work.
- Pros:Everything around you.....
- Cons:...sightseeing is obviously weather permitting....(but worth it)
- In a nutshell:A must due (if interested)
....you just might die from being scared Sh*Tless more travel advice
Make sure you take these pictures: - you - people you were with - SNOW!!! - glaciers - zodiacs - the ship (inside and... more travel advice
Anita_Porec's Related Pages
Antarctica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharrie's Antarctica Miracle"
- "cruising with the Bark Europa"
- "The White Continent"
- "Antarctica - the BIG Ice"
- "Antarctica, both filled and empty in the same view"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Antarctica
- Hotels in Antarctica
- Transportation in Antarctica
- Nightlife in Antarctica
- Restaurants in Antarctica
- Shopping in Antarctica
- Warnings and Dangers in Antarctica
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Antarctica
- 11 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Countries
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Antarctica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antarctica
- Posted in Travel Thailand Forum "Re: Phuket or Samui in June?"
- Commented on one of MissAntarctica2002's Antarctica travel pages
- updated a Antarctica Travel Page "Antarctic Peninsula"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Antarctic Scenery......"
- Wrote a Review Don/t fall into the water in Antarctica Warnings and Dangers
Top 10 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 29 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Porec Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Holguín Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 21 reviews, 15 photos
- Caye Caulker Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Bali Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues