"Cayle Caulker .... perfect family vacation" Caye Caulker by Anita_Porec
Caye Caulker Travel Guide: 480 reviews and 947 photos
There are many couples enjoying this super romantic spot (sunrise and sunset withing 200m of each other!!), as well as many families with small kids and lots of groups.
It seems to be an island for all sorts to visit and even live in.
Although the main attraction is diving and snorkeling, there are a lot of people here just enjoying the quit island. Many are here fishing and just lounging around.
The island is about 5km long and at some places only about 100m wide.
You can watch the sunrise and sunset from the many of the same hotels/guesthouses.
The east side is right now the more popular one because of the beach and more rental properties, however, the west side is much greener and lush, attracting people who are looking to have quiet.
Keep in mind, doesn't matter where you stay, you are a 5 minute walk to everything.
There are no cars or motor vehicles. Everyone has either a bike or a golf cart.
This is great for the kids:)
If you are spending just a day on the island, make sure you:
- snorkel at the split (there are some super things to be seen)
- watch the sunset!!
- rent a bike and go for a ride around the island
- have whatever fish is in season; it will always be extra fresh!
- Pros:Quiet, very very good food, amazing diving and snorkelling, sunsets, super friendly
- Cons:Water smells funny, mosquitos,
- In a nutshell:More than just (amazing) diving :)))
Good food. Very relaxed atmosphere as well as service. The best thing first thing in the morning? How about Bob... more travel advice
Anita_Porec's Related Pages
Caye Caulker Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Something different under the sun!"
- "Caye Caulker - Ya Betta Belize It!"
- "I Miss Caye Caulker Already"
- "RELAXING IN PARADISE"
- "Caye Caulker"
- "Laid Back"
- "Laid back and life-changing: Caye Caulker"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caye Caulker
- Hotels in Caye Caulker
- Transportation in Caye Caulker
- Nightlife in Caye Caulker
- Restaurants in Caye Caulker
- Shopping in Caye Caulker
- Warnings and Dangers in Caye Caulker
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caye Caulker
- 17 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Caye Caulker?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caye Caulker
- Uploaded a Photo to "Relaxed, good music....perfect for breakfast"
- Wrote a Review Relaxed, good music....perfect for breakfast about Herbal Tribe in Caye Caulker Restaurants
- updated a Caye Caulker Travel Page "Cayle Caulker .... perfect family vacation"
- Posted in Travel Thailand Forum "Re: Phuket or Samui in June?"
Top 10 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 29 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Porec Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Holguín Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 21 reviews, 15 photos
- Caye Caulker Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Bali Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (23)
Latest Caye Caulker hotel reviews
- De Real Macaw
- 138 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Caye Caulker Condos
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- Auxillou Beach Suites
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 1, 2013
- Tropical Paradise Hotel & Restaurant
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Maxhapan Cabanas
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- Mara's Place
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 10, 2013
- Seaside Cabanas
- 364 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Costa Maya Beach Cabanas
- 59 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 8, 2013