"Humble Beginnings" Toronto by epicult
Toronto Travel Guide: 4,304 reviews and 8,873 photos
I have finally decided to get off my *ss and start adding some info for the city I call home and a that has recently been cited as "the most culturally diverse city in the world". It's not uncommon to hear 7 or 8 languages at one time being spoken while riding transit
The food is incredible (and cheap), the entertainment good (think New York), the city is fairly clean and there is not one area of downtown where I would feel unsafe at any time of day. That's probably why there are more people out and about from Michigan and New York State then there are locals ;-)
The lake is very polluted but it really is quite beautiful once you get out in the boat and start enjoying a little wind. Helps when you've got a solid party crew of computer nerds and micro-geneticists.
- Pros:Food, people, entertainment
- Cons:Very cold winters, very hot summers
- In a nutshell:Melting pot
It's amazing how quickly this disgusting lake becomes a thing of beauty once you're out sailing. The city line and... more travel advice
The street car (or 'red rocket' as it is know in TO) is quite slow and expensive in comparison to most cities (2.25).... more travel advice
epicult's Related Pages
Toronto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Toronto - "Yours to Discover""
- "Close To Home"
- "Andre Rieu's Magic Hits Toronto"
- "TORONTO Canada"
- "Paul2001's Big T.O. Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Toronto
- Hotels in Toronto
- Transportation in Toronto
- Nightlife in Toronto
- Restaurants in Toronto
- Shopping in Toronto
- Warnings and Dangers in Toronto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Toronto
- 6 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Toronto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Toronto
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honduras Intro, 34 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Peru Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Nicaragua Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Panama Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago Titicaca Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Vancouver Island Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Toronto Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos