"True Beauty" Vancouver Island by epicult
Vancouver Island Travel Guide: 232 reviews and 699 photos
Where else can you experience fresh air, awesome salmon/cod/trout/steelhead fishing, glacial rivers, nice climate, old growth (very big) rain/cedar forests, whale watching, surfing, picking fresh oysters, bald eagles everywhere, seakayaking, fossil hunting, caving, beautiful mountains, skiing/boarding, incredible food... well, the list goes on.
Having grown up here, it is now as a thirty-something that I have true appreciation for this stunning environment. Get ready to kick-back, relax and take in the "quality of life" that very few places in this world can provide. Vancouver Island is a paradise!
- Pros:See intro
- Cons:Lack of true cultural diversity found in urban centres
- In a nutshell:More Than Just Palm Trees and Movie Stars! :-)
A great but somewhat demanding hike. To make it to the top of the mountain, allow yourself 2-4 hours depending on your... more travel advice
I grew up on this portion and have yet to experience a river like this one. Great pure water and amazing fishing. You... more travel advice
epicult's Related Pages
Vancouver Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Getting close to nature"
- "THE MANY FACES OF VANCOUVER ISLAND"
- "Vancouver Island"
- "Vancouver Island, BC, Canada...the most beautiful"
- "Beautiful Vancouver Island"
- "Beautiful beyond words - despite the weather!"
- "The Most Relaxing Place on Earth!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vancouver Island
- Hotels in Vancouver Island
- Transportation in Vancouver Island
- Nightlife in Vancouver Island
- Restaurants in Vancouver Island
- Shopping in Vancouver Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Vancouver Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vancouver Island
- 5 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Vancouver Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vancouver Island
Photos in Vancouver IslandSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honduras Intro, 34 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Peru Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Nicaragua Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Panama Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago Titicaca Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Vancouver Island Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Toronto Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos