Lago Titicaca Hotel Tips by epicult Top 5 Page for this destination
Lago Titicaca Hotels: 6 reviews and 10 photos
A very cool experience. Families will meet you just up from the dock and away you go as their guests for the night. Don’t expect any creature comforts, electricity or running water and settle in for an almost staple diet of papas fritas and potato soup. Tasty enough for this guy :-)
You will probably need to hunch over to navigate into the room you are provided as most doorways seem to be a standard 4 feet or so.
An open air kitchen is built up in the corner of a small closet-like, dirt floored area filled with cooking utensils, smoke and the women cooking up a potato something or other.
The simplicity of these peoples lifestyle is similar to that of Indians in the Amazon, without the vast natural resources the Amazon indians have to draw upon. By no stretch of the imagination would this be an easy life.
Our family was very sweet and worked hard to make our stay a very enjoyable one.
The stay and meals are included in the 30 soles (about $9.00 USD) paid for the entire 3 day trip.
Unique Qualities: Wonderful in its simplicity
Comparison: least expensive
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (8)
- Lake Titicaca - Motion Sickness
- See All Some things to bring: Part II
- Amantani - Soroche Warning
epicult's Related Pages
Lago Titicaca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The highest lake and some islands"
- "Totora (3827m)"
- "Exploring Titicaca Lake"
- "Experience Lago Titicaca"
- "A photographer's paradise!"
- "Lake Titicaca"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lago Titicaca
- Hotels in Lago Titicaca
- Transportation in Lago Titicaca
- Nightlife in Lago Titicaca
- Restaurants in Lago Titicaca
- Shopping in Lago Titicaca
- Warnings and Dangers in Lago Titicaca
- See All...
Explore the World
- Canad Inns Fort Garry
- Riverwalk Vista
- Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Park Hotel California
- Hotel & Residence Il Teatro
- Quality Inn at Kingsmill
- Auberge Le Jardin D'Antoine
- Mojacasabe Vacational Center
- Hotel Praha
- Fattoria San Lorenzo Le Capanne Grosseto
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Twin Falls
- Atlantis Oceanfront Motor Inn
- Orange Drive Manor Hostel
- Alice in Wonderland Beach Resort
Badges & Stats in Lago Titicaca
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Lago Titicaca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lago Titicaca
Photos in Lago TiticacaSee All Photos (10)
Read real reviews about Lago Titicaca Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honduras Intro, 34 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Peru Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Nicaragua Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Panama Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago Titicaca Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Vancouver Island Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Toronto Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos