"TADMOR - PALMYRA" Top 5 Page for this destination Palmyra by albateh
Palmyra Travel Guide: 237 reviews and 767 photos
Palmyra (Tadmor in Arabic), is an amazing place to visit, as it encases one’s soul with the atmosphere of the Roman Empire. The architecture is amazing with the tall, strong purpose built structures towering over one’s horizon. The Arab Castle is excellent situated high up on a peak with a view that spans a great distance. Those particularly interested in history with thoroughly enjoy this experience!
It takes a long while to see all round Palmyra-Tadmor - a whole day is necessary - and it is quite an exhausting business because the site itself is so large: more than six square kilometers. And do not forgot to stay or come again during the night. It is so lovely specially if the moon is full.
To add some sensuality and romanticism to viewing, it is well worth seeing these sites as different times of day such as sunrise/sunset as well as midday when the sun is at its peak; excellent for the photographer!Photography is permitted. The weekly closing day is Tuesday. One is free to walk about over all the rest of the site, by day or by night. The services of one of the two or three official guides may be found useful at first, especially in exploring the vaults in the Valley of Dead
The dream has come true, i always used to dream of taking photos of palmyra at night, it is very impressive,,,, and i... more travel advice
This intimidating castle which stands on top of a mountain to the west of Palmyra's vestiges was built in the 16th... more travel advice
albateh's Related Pages
Palmyra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of the Great Cities of the Ancient World"
- "tadmor, please - the city of dates"
- "Palmyra - Bride of the Desert"
- "Palmyra - ÊÏãÑ (Tadmor)"
- "TADMOR - PALMYRA"
- "Palmyra in the desert"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palmyra
- Hotels in Palmyra
- Transportation in Palmyra
- Nightlife in Palmyra
- Restaurants in Palmyra
- Shopping in Palmyra
- Warnings and Dangers in Palmyra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palmyra
- 17 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Palmyra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palmyra
Photos in PalmyraSee All Photos (59)
Top 10 Pages
- Syria Intro, 38 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palmyra Intro, 17 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- As Suwayda' Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Aleppo Intro, 25 reviews, 23 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lebanon Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Damascus Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Jazirat Arwad Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Kuwait Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Hatay Ili Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue