"Apache Trail" Tortilla Flat by Aaron7
Tortilla Flat Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 61 photos
The Apache Trail runs along the Salado River Basin from Apache Junction in the west to Roosevelt Lake in the east. It varies from two lane highway in the west to a twisty dirt path on the eastern end. It was only 41 miles, so I thought it would take an hour to drive. But I found it was more of a three hour tour due to the blind turns, steep grades and one lane roads. Don't trust the curve ahead signs, they are way too tight to be curves. ;-) There are some great vistas along the way though so be ready to stop a lot and keep the camera handy!
Lost Dutchman State Park (see Apache Junction)
Fish Creek Hill
Tortilla Flat is a flyspeck town along Apache Trail. It cosists of little more than a saloon and gift shop. Just a rest stop before you start the arduous trail east toward Roosevelt Lake. Or just after if you head west like I did! Although it is almost the midpoint of Apache Trail, it lies very close to the transition of the trail from a two lane highway to a twisting narrow dirt road carved into cliff sides.
Horse Mesa (Apache Lake)
- Pros:Beautiful views!
- Cons:A nightmare to drive!
This is another pull off right at the base of the road running down to Apache Lake marina. It has the same nice little... more travel advice
Apache Lake is supposed to be a great place for fishing. That's the reason why so many people are willing to risk their... more travel advice
Aaron7's Related Pages
Tortilla Flat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tortilla Flat, Arizona"
- "Population 6!"
- "Basaic Tortilla Flat Page"
- "Apache Trail"
- "Pierre_Rouss's new Tortilla Flat Page"
- "Jumping at Tortilla Flat!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tortilla Flat
- Restaurants in Tortilla Flat
- Warnings and Dangers in Tortilla Flat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tortilla Flat
- 10 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Tortilla Flat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tortilla Flat
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 51 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 8 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Shenandoah National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tortilla Flat Intro, 10 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vatican City Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 5 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kirby Corner Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delphi Intro, 3 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues