"Dont want to leave" Top 5 Page for this destination San Luis Obispo by malinaberg

San Luis Obispo Travel Guide: 194 reviews and 374 photos

As charming as it gets (in the US)

When I found out that I was going to stay in the US for a year, I was, to be honest, not extremely excited. Lets face it, I was predjudiced, thinking that the country was what I saw on TV; weird foreign policy and bay watch. Now I know better; the US is exactly that (hehe), but also much much more!

I have fallen in love with San Luis Obispo. I don't know if its the cozy little city center, the amazingly approachable people, the great college, the beautiful nature, the perfect climate, the proximity of beautiful and interesting places or just the combination of it all that did it. This town (cmon, its not a city!! :) is as full of charm as any village in Europe, believe it or not, and having lived here for almost a year has given me more excitment and pleasure than I ever thought possible.

Santa Margarita Lake

One of the nice places around San Luis Obispo is Santa Margarita Lake, a 40 min drive north east. Its a water reservoair, so you're not supposed to swim. Boating with polluting motors is ok for some reason, though. Lots of people go here on the weekends to fish (California State Fishing License required, $11 for two days), kayak or just relax. The area is a park, and the entrance fee is $5.

• Intro Written May 25, 2003

• Paolo-Italy's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2003 at 8:05 AM

california dreaming..... ;-)

• ozkylie's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2003 at 7:32 PM

Tip: If you're flying out from L.A. try staying in SLO to unwind first. It's only 4 hours to LAX. I've twice spent the last few days of my travels totally chilling out in SLO before heading home. The place and people are just as you say!

• Pounder73's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2003 at 12:30 AM

WHAT?! no bubble gum alley yet?

• o00o's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2003 at 11:18 PM

Beautiful place for vacation.

• supune's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2003 at 9:35 PM

You accurately put the SLO into a nutshell. need more tips on your other great travel experiences, though. Will be looking for more updates, thanks

malinaberg

“Ill take my chances...!”

Badges & Stats in San Luis Obispo

Have you been to San Luis Obispo?