"Phoenix Arizona" Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix by HeidiR

Phoenix Travel Guide: 768 reviews and 1,595 photos

Phoenix-my big move

I moved to Phoenix in January 2003. I intend on making an excellent VT site for all people on VT and especially for my friends and family who will visit me.

So the first picture is my apartment complex swimming pool. A big change from England. you will find many more pictures of my appartment in my travelogues.

Phoenix is a very big place split into various cities (well, I wouldn't call them cities but they do!). When I originally started doing my Phoenix page I was treating the whole place as Phoenix, but I have now introduced new sections under arizona, these are Ahwatukee (which is actually where I live not Phoenix), chandler which is next to Ahwatukee and where my husband works, Tempe (where the university is and where I will be working), scotsdale and maybe a few more that I haven't added yet (but keep an eye out)

Phoenix the big city

When we first started talking about moving to Arizona, Phoenix, I thought I don't want to live in the middle of the desert! But infact it is a very big city. This photo I think is overlooking Phoenix.

Phoenix and the sub cities is extremely easy to find your way round. I have been driving around alot over the last couple of weeks. To lots of places I have never been to before, In England I would never of driven to places that I didn't know, I guess mainly in case I got lost but also because I didn't like driving. here I quite like driving, the roads are much bigger usually 3 lanes each sides, people do like to get really close to your car but they dont seem to get impatient.

Is it the desert!

As soon as you move out of the city, I think you hit the desert. But it would seem that there is alot of things to see and do around Phoenix. So keep watching this page for updates and our adventures round Arizona as we get to know the place.

• Intro Updated Mar 10, 2003

• Mar 17, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Go to the website valleymetro.org and clicking on "Trip Planner" is probably the easiest way to get to where you are going.Or phone their main number 602-253-5000 and ask for trip planning.

• ronin6's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2007 at 11:37 AM

Great tips on the area. Saved several of your advice tips and hope to get to each one this weekend on my trip to Phoenix. Ill bee there for 4 days and I hope to get to take it all in if its possible. Thanks

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2007 at 2:30 PM

Nice tips!

• ferdnbean's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2005 at 8:21 PM

I said..."Heidi, Heidi, Hey..." Have a happy birthday. Nice pages! Wayne

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2005 at 10:39 PM

yes I experienced Roys in Scottsdale the other day. It was fabulous. and oreganos was just as good in a different way (and cheaper)

• CheetahChiq78's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2004 at 12:34 PM

VERY good info! Great idea to include info on Phoenix's "own beach"!! :-D

• viny32's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2004 at 8:58 AM

many informations on Phoenix! Great! Vincent

• stefanidiamond's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2004 at 8:29 PM

HI HEIDIR! YOUR PAGE HAS BEEN A DELIGHT!! I TOO, AM CONCIDERING PHOENIX & I HAD A LOT OF QUEST. ABOUT THE DESERT. THANX FOR LISTING YOUR TRAVELS & EXPERIENCE....IN LIFE YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOU MAY HELP ALONG YOUR JOURNEY....I HOPE YOU KEEP UP THE UPDATES!

• genispp's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2004 at 2:33 PM

Beautiful page. I like your photos

• vyxxyn's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2003 at 9:59 PM

Not only do you have great pictures, your emmigration info is very useful too, I didnt quite understand the procedures from the fed website before. Guess advice from a foreigner who's been there done that makes all the difference ;)

HeidiR Lives Here!

Badges & Stats in Phoenix

Have you been to Phoenix?

Latest Activity in Phoenix