"Borneo-animals-jungle-mountains" Top 5 Page for this destination Borneo by HeidiR
Borneo Travel Guide: 72 reviews and 237 photos
Borneo is hot and humid, can rain alot. If you dont mind that and you love animals this is a place to go. From Orangutans, to Proboscous monkeys, to Macaque monkeys o Monitor lizards to turtles. Of course dont forget about the varied insect life.
Of course there is that little mountain called Kinabula and the jungle.
Malaysian Borneo is split into two states Sabah and Sarawak. You get a stamp in your passport for each state.
- Pros:good wildlife and scenery. Few tourists, so no hassle
- Cons:very humid
- In a nutshell:great experience
After a month of travelling round the country staying in very remote places it was nice to stay in a city and a hotel.... more travel advice
There are 2 ways to gettig to Mulu. The first way is by river, from Miri. This is exremely long and involved 2 ferry... more travel advice
HeidiR's Related Pages
Borneo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Borneo - an area of outstanding natural beauty"
- "BORNEO - FAUNA - FLORA - CULTURE"
- "Where the Orangutans at!"
- "Sarawak Borneo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Borneo
- Hotels in Borneo
- Nightlife in Borneo
- Restaurants in Borneo
- Warnings and Dangers in Borneo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Borneo
- 13 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Borneo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Borneo
Photos in BorneoSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix Intro, 56 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Borneo Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Madagascar Intro, 14 reviews, 9 photos
- Australia Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cairns Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 13 reviews, 1 photo
- Chippenham Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 9 reviews, 4 photos
- Bath Intro, 11 reviews, 2 photos