""OTHERS" QUEUE" United Kingdom by martinelli
United Kingdom Travel Guide: 92,820 reviews and 218,593 photos
The picture above is the illustration I made of me talking to the boarder guy in Portsmouth, trying to get me and my friend Felipe inside England.
That all after taking a train from Paris to Les Havres (I'm sorry, those who are from Les Havre) wich happens to be the second ugliest city in the world (only Valenca, in my state, beats it) andspent 6 hours there waiting for the ferry to arrive, shivering, starving, visiting courtine shops, for that was all we found open in the city. To "crown" the experience, we bumped into a work of art made by the most famous brazilian architect, Oscar Niemeyer. By the way, the masterpiece was a master-piece-of-junk. Very ugly.
So we took the ferry and we were the only ones not blue-eyed, not white-skinned. The ferry (P&O!) was simply H U G E ! I never get sea sick, but the sea was so bumpy the band in the casino slippered sideways!
Me and my friend - both broke - ate free peanuts and were trying to control our impulses and not go for the nickle machine.
When we got to Portsmouth... there were 2 queues: "E U " and "Others".
Of 700 people in that freaking ship, we were the only ones in the "Others" queue. And do you know how long it took us to get in? 2 hours and a half!
But it didn't stress us very much - Macky, our beloved friend, and Dave were waiting for us in Macky's beetle to take us to Lymington with a bottle of wine. In our way home, we stopped by 3 different pubs and had a wonderful night...
(please proceed to my Portsmouth page)
martinelli's Related Pages
United Kingdom Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Firas in Wonderland"
- "My U.K. - a home I love very dearly."
- "United Kingdom Adventure"
- "A Taste of Real Britain - Tourist Information"
- "UNITED KINGDOM"
- "Jet Ski!"
- "Christmas 2010"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United Kingdom
- Hotels in United Kingdom
- Transportation in United Kingdom
- Nightlife in United Kingdom
- Restaurants in United Kingdom
- Shopping in United Kingdom
- Warnings and Dangers in United Kingdom
- See All...
Badges & Stats in United Kingdom
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to United Kingdom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United Kingdom
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 29 reviews, 235 photos, 28 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador da Bahia Intro, 64 reviews, 77 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 43 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- São Paulo Intro, 12 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Norway Intro, 2 reviews, 15 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brasília Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Italy Intro, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ålesund Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belgium Intro, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (68)
Top United Kingdom hotels
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Manchester Hotels
- 1715 Reviews - 3887 Photos
- York Hotels
- 1617 Reviews - 3908 Photos
- Blackpool Hotels
- 476 Reviews - 889 Photos
- Bournemouth Hotels
- 206 Reviews - 441 Photos
- Edinburgh Hotels
- 3356 Reviews - 6585 Photos
- Glasgow Hotels
- 1218 Reviews - 1967 Photos
- Torquay Hotels
- 141 Reviews - 229 Photos
- Aberdeen Hotels
- 486 Reviews - 884 Photos
- Llandudno Hotels
- 245 Reviews - 476 Photos
- Birmingham Hotels
- 803 Reviews - 1309 Photos
- Eastbourne Hotels
- 94 Reviews - 187 Photos
- Bristol Hotels
- 745 Reviews - 1659 Photos
- Chester Hotels
- 470 Reviews - 1157 Photos
- Liverpool Hotels
- 1248 Reviews - 2164 Photos