"White Day" Venice by martinelli
Venice Travel Guide: 8,206 reviews and 21,714 photos
(that is my travel journal's page drawing about the white day)
I stayed in Venice for five days just because I couldn't make up my mind which would be my next stop. I met all the touristic spots in the first 2 days and the rest was dedicated to random wandering in the city. I may say I've walked along at least 70% of the streets of Venice.
The most beautiful places were the Santa Maria della Salute Church, the view of the main island from the Giudecca and the "ordinary", "non-touristic" streets. I have seen cats sitting in sofas in the middle of the street, all sorts and colours of clothes hanging in fotosynthesis under the sun. I have also seen the frenetic movement of a town that sometimes seems to have lost its soul and sold itself all out to tourism.
One of those days, though, I was sitting, having a smoke, in front of the Hostel in Giudecca, 8 am, the day was starting and the sky was all clouds, and Venice was under a sheet of fog and the silence was almost disturbing. That's what we call a white day, in Brazil, that day that could be just anything.
I made a drawing of this moment that was, probably, the most beautiful one Venice provided me. The streets were empty of the tourists, all grumpy because of the bad weather, and I was hopping and laughing because I was seing then something of genuine in the San Marco square, not only the cliche touristic behaviour we all know well.
<center><b>::: White Day :::</b> song by Geraldo Azevêdo</center>
If you should come
For come what might
I promise you the sun
If the sun should come
today, or the rain
If the rain should fall
and if you should come
til the point we should reach
In a little square, by the beach,
On the corner of no place at all
And in this white day
If white it should be
Should be great, should be much, should be such
what an enormous love
If you would come, if you'd like
For come what might
martinelli's Related Pages
Venice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wandering around Venice with Suvanki"
- "Amore eterno per Venezia la Serenissima :-)"
- "Venice – the City of Art"
- "Vacations in Venice"
- "MERAVIGLIOSA VENEZIA"
- "Giacomo CASANOVA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Venice
- Hotels in Venice
- Transportation in Venice
- Nightlife in Venice
- Restaurants in Venice
- Shopping in Venice
- Warnings and Dangers in Venice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Venice
- 0 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 46 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Venice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Venice
Photos in VeniceSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 29 reviews, 235 photos, 28 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador da Bahia Intro, 64 reviews, 77 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 43 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- São Paulo Intro, 12 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Norway Intro, 2 reviews, 15 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brasília Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Italy Intro, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ålesund Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belgium Intro, 4 photos, 1 travelogue