Salvador da Bahia Things to Do Tips by martinelli Top 5 Page for this destination
Salvador da Bahia Things to Do: 191 reviews and 280 photos
Dam built by the dutch (NATURALLY!) a long time ago and recently reformed, Dique do Tororo is simply dazzling. In its surroundings you find good restaurants, places to work out at, sidewalk so you can promenade along the lake, benches for those in love, boats, canoes etc...
Other Contact: The dam is full of sculptures of
Ordem Terceira de Sao Francisco
Monastary beside Sao Francisco Church, in Pelourinho. Its facade was under a layer of cast and its details were only discovered about ten years ago, when it began to be restored! Behold, humans, and drool!
MAS - Museu de Arte Sacra da Universidade Federal da Bahia (Sacred Art Museum of the Federal University of Bahia)
It's... beyond words! It's a very pleasant and beautiful museum, unfortunately not many people visit it! It's also nice to know that part of it was recuperated by reformed street kids trained by the Licee of Arts and Professions (Liceu de Artes e Oficios)!! Monthly there are free concerts there, all very astonishing!
Directions: Rua do Sodre, Paralel street from Av. Carlos Gomes. Map available on the site.
Other Contact: http://www.mas.ufba.br/
Concerts at Catedral Basilica da Se - Salvador
Those concerts are absolutely wonderful! Sometimes it's organ and flute, sometimes it's choir and organ... it varies! But they happen every sunday by 10am and they are FREE and unforgettable! The cathedral is always crowded with all sorts and shapes of people, and the variety of the audience proves that art is a very effective way of getting to all hearts...
Address: Terreiro de Jesus, Pelourinho
Other Contact: Those concerts are promoted by t
OSBA - Orquestra Sinfonica da Bahia (Bahia Sinphonic Orquestra).
Not only a very good orchestra, but also concerned about bringing culture to one and all. With a policy of letting the elderly attend the concerts for free and always reserving special chairs for those who cannot normally afford to watch a concert, they also play in hospitals, public schools, squares, museums, outdoor stages...
Directions: Their siege is at Teatro Castro Alves, at Campo Grande.
Other Contact: http://www.tca.ba.gov.br/inf_orq
Igreja da (Nossa Senhora da) Conceicao da Praia - Church of Our Lady of the Conception of the Beach
Dazzling beautiful and where all the famous people get married - either here or at Vitoria church or Bomfim. The building was pre-made in Portugal and shipped in pieces to Brazil. The picture in the roof creates an illusion. (1739-1773). Irma Dulce, candidate of becoming the second brazilian saint in History, is burried in this church.
Address: Largo da Conceição da Praia (Cidade Baixa)
Other Contact: Phone: 242.0545 Hours: 6:30am t
Igreja de Nossa Senhora do Rosario dos Pretos - Church of Our Lady of the Rosary of the Black
Very beautiful church, maybe the most ecumenical of them all, competing only with Bomfim and Sao Lazaro. Check the statues, the masses (the only ones I have the patience to attend! A lot of drums and happiness, not a glimpse of the atmosphere of guilt!)
Tiles of Sao Francisco Church
More Reviews (41)
- See All Excellent cuisine and atmosphere
- Candomble is a religion. You...
- See All Gloss
- See All Ferry Boat
- Most bahian (salty) dishes are...
martinelli's Related Pages
Salvador da Bahia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Salvador da Bahia"
- "Salvador - Africa in Brazil"
- "All I want is some ACARAJE!"
- "Salvador de Bahia: african roots are here"
- "Salvador Trip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salvador da Bahia
- Hotels in Salvador da Bahia
- Transportation in Salvador da Bahia
- Nightlife in Salvador da Bahia
- Restaurants in Salvador da Bahia
- Shopping in Salvador da Bahia
- Warnings and Dangers in Salvador da Bahia
- See All...
Explore the World
- French Polynesia
- Mount Gambier Hotels
- Sharonville Hotels
- Chippis Hotels
- Ad Duqqi Hotels
Badges & Stats in Salvador da Bahia
- 64 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 45 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Salvador da Bahia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salvador da Bahia
Photos in Salvador da BahiaSee All Photos (77)
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 29 reviews, 235 photos, 28 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador da Bahia Intro, 64 reviews, 77 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 43 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- São Paulo Intro, 12 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Norway Intro, 2 reviews, 15 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brasília Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Italy Intro, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ålesund Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belgium Intro, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (68)
Latest Salvador da Bahia hotel reviews
- Village Novo
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 26, 2013
- Albergue das Laranjeiras
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 31, 2012
- Bahiacafe Hotel
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Gran Hotel Stella Maris
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Casa da Vitoria Pousada de Charme
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 27, 2013
- Pousada do Boqueirao
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 5, 2013
- Pousada Terra Nossa
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2012
- Aram Yami Hotel
- 124 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Barra Guest Hostel
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 16, 2013
- Hotel Casa do Amarelindo
- 369 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Nega Maluca Guesthouse
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Albergue do Pelo
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Pousada da Saude
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2012
- Aguas Brasil Villa Retreat
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 24, 2012
- Churches- 23 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Pelourinho- 30 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Beaches- 13 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Lacerda Elevator- 11 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Capoeira- 11 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Praia do Forte - Tamar Project- 5 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Praça Tomé de Souza- 6 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Barra- 12 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Catedral Basilica- 9 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Farol da Barra- 9 Reviews, 14 Photos
See All Salvador da Bahia Things to Do