"Tanzania" Tanzania by MalenaN

• Last visit to Tanzania: Jul 1995
  • Intro Updated May 17, 2003

• glabah's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Correct indeed, so many of us take for granted the little things, like running water, or even being close to water.

May 31, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Thank you Glenn for visiting my Tanzania page. It is now many years since I visited Tanzania but it is a journey that I enjoyed very much and it made me think a lot of differences in the world. Today when something happens to the train I take to and from work I can still think of the very nice time I had in a small village when the bus to Kondoa broke down and we had to wait for hours.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2014 at 10:47 AM

What a fascinating country. The rock is wonderful. Thanks for sharing your travels with us. Excellent page Malena!

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Thanks for visiting Dee! It was à very fascinating trip.

• Aunt_Bertha's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Looks like a place I should visit. I really enjoy walking and I think I'm even better at sitting :-) I also like Baobab trees.

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I really enjoyed that trip to Tanzania! Right now Im in Ecuador, but so far I havent sent a single postcard. Guess I will do it in the end.

• Aunt_Bertha's Profile Photo
      Jul 24, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Oh wow, that's great - enjoy your stay in Ecuador. I'll be happy to receive a postcard from Ecuador, no matter when :-) Can't wait for your new Ecuador pages, it sounds like a really interesting travel destination from what I've heard.

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Hi Malena,

Hope I don't ever come across your doctor soon. You have some lovely photos here.

Paul

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Good to "compare notes" on Tanzania. We saw many of the same places as you, but thankfully avoided the need for stitches! Interesting local customs tips about daily life here, and great photos of it too :-)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2009 at 4:18 AM

Interesting page on Tanzania. Zanzibar sounds so exotic.

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2008 at 12:23 AM

nice tips

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2007 at 6:16 AM

Nice tips!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2007 at 3:02 PM

I can almost smell the spices from Zanzibar! I can imagine how that has been to be sawn without anesthesia! Great photos of local life!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2007 at 3:35 PM

Wonderful pictures and interesting local customs tips from different world.

Badges & Stats in Tanzania

Have you been to Tanzania?

Latest Activity in Tanzania