"Cliffs of Moher and Burren" Top 5 Page for this destination County Clare by MalenaN

County Clare Travel Guide: 708 reviews and 1,909 photos

Because of bad connections with public transport between Galway and Cliffs of Moher, on a Monday in the end of February, I ended up visiting Cliffs of Moher on an organized day tour from Galway. This tour included stops at many other interesting points along the road. This page is about the places we visited on this day tour.

• Last visit to County Clare: Feb 2013
  • Intro Updated Apr 2, 2013

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2013 at 4:49 AM

Beautiful cliffs - wonderful castle - what a nice tour Malena.

May 15, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Yes, it was a good tour, even though I would have liked much more time at the cliffs to be able to take a longer walk.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Breathtaking views at cliffs and very interesting Poulnabrone Dolmen. You had a great day tour, Malena!

May 13, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Thank you for visiting Sergey! I was very lucky with the weather that day!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Too bad your tour was so rushed. I also try to avoid these organized tours, but sometimes they are the best or only solution. In Vietnam my son and I took three and a half organized tours and they were all OK. The half was a boat tour on the Perfume River at Hue. They let us take our bikes with us on the boat, so we just did the first half of the tour, up to and including lunch. Then we left the group and visited the imperial tombs on our bikes, so we weren’t rushed, and then cycled back to Hue in the late afternoon.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM

What stunning scenery - and what a lovely day you had for your tour!

I'm pleased that you got to visit the cliffs, but it sounds as if the various stops on your tour were a bit rushed and unsatisfying. Maybe they shouldn't try to visit so many places but instead give people a bit longer at those they do go to!

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Yes, it was a bit rushed and I would have liked to have at least 3 hours at the cliffs, to have a longer walk in that lovely weather.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Malena, brilliant page with outstanding photos of your organised day trip to the Cliffs of Moher and the surrounding region. It looks like you were really lucky with the weather I was at the Cliffs in 1995 and I don't think that the fancy Visitor Centre existed back then.

Apr 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Yes, I was lucky. I had somehow expected it to be very grey in February.

• Apr 8, 2013 at 4:01 AM

Special place for sure, would love to explore Ireland one day. But first, Ecuador! See you on fb ;-) x

Apr 8, 2013 at 8:36 AM

To lovely places, but absolutely Ecuador first :) Yes, see you on FB!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2013 at 7:44 AM

The cliffs and views are so beautiful. Of course the little lady standing in the view looks very spetacular too:). I enjoyed seeing" The Doorty Cross" & tomb. Thanks for sharing another amazing place.

Apr 7, 2013 at 8:04 AM

The cliffs are stunning and I'm happy it was a sunny and clear day when I visited.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2013 at 2:03 AM

So pretty, I want to go there too. I think sometimes it's better to visit tourisy sights in winter as there are less visitors and you got a gorgeous sunny day.

Apr 7, 2013 at 4:38 AM

It was a good day to visit. In summer I understand that the parking lot is full of buses and cars, and the cliffs are crowded with tourists.

Badges & Stats in County Clare

Have you been to County Clare?

Latest Activity in County Clare