"Sinai" Top 5 Page for this destination Muhafazat Janub Sina' by MalenaN

Muhafazat Janub Sina' Travel Guide: 1,816 reviews and 3,771 photos

Looking at the map I can see I have only seen a small part of the peninsula. What I have seen is the coast to Gulf of Aqaba, with its resorts and colourful coral reefs and the mountains in the south.

I arrived to Taba in Sinai from Israel. From Taba I took a taxi to St Katherine’s Monastery. After visiting the monastery and climbing Mt Sinai I went to Dahab for one-week scuba diving. I left Sinai with the high-speed ferry from Sharm el Sheik.

• Last visit to Muhafazat Janub Sina': Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 7, 2005

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Your quite the adventurer! Keep it up and keep sharing the fabulous places you visit! Nice page!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Huge numbers of people on top of that poor little mountain! But I'm sure I would go there too, just for the historical significance. That Monastery Guesthouse sounds like a great place to stay.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2009 at 4:31 AM

I really enjoyed this page Malena. Lots of interesting information. The monastery looked like a nice place to stay, so you could easily access the way to Mount Sinai. Wonderful sunset photo.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2007 at 12:47 PM

Malena = very interesting tips & I can see why the steps up Mount Sinai are so aptly named :) loved the view from the top!

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2007 at 7:18 AM

Hi Malena, nice to read your Sinai page to get in the mood going there again by end of the month.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2007 at 11:47 PM

A very interesting and useful page! I'vnt been to Sinai but I wish to. I can imagine how beautiful sunset and sunrise there (though nobody likes crowds of tourists). Thanks Malena for a virtual travel!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2007 at 1:35 PM

A great place that I would like to visit. Superb photo of the sunrise from Mount Sinai! Thanks for sharing!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2007 at 12:45 AM

Great page and travelogues! St Katherine's Monastery looks georgeus, it's a pity it's mostly closed for visitors. Climbing Mount Sinai is a must for me, never mind the crowds :-)

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2006 at 12:36 PM

Fantastic pages....I spent a few months back in 1978 living with the Beduin in Sharm-el-sheik and Ras-el-tur on the other side of the coast. Also spent time in Dahab and Nueweba ...It was part of Israel back then and just hippies and a few tourists then.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2006 at 8:41 AM

Malena, this was a most insightful group of pages with excellent travelogues, stunning photos, and worthwhile narratives. Your travels are filled with adventures.

Badges & Stats in Muhafazat Janub Sina'

Have you been to Muhafazat Janub Sina'?

Latest Activity in Muhafazat Janub Sina'