"Syria" Top 5 Page for this destination Syria by MalenaN
Syria Travel Guide: 3,975 reviews and 10,296 photos
Many ancient civilisations have lived here and caravan routes have crossed the country for thousands of years. There are great ancient ruins and Arab and crusader castles. In the city the souq with its covered narrow streets and a myriad of things for sale is an interesting place to wander around in. To the west there is the coastal area with beaches and mountains and to the east the desert.
And the people! The Syrian people are very hospitable and I met many wonderful people. They really make the best memories of the visits. The second time I was in Syria I met VT-members Firas (dr.firas), Fouad (fouads) and Rami (albateh). For more photos of these meetings see my Aleppo page and Dayr az Zawr page. Rami and Fouad I met again during my third visit to Syria.
The first time I visited Syria, in July 2002, I visited the following places:
Aleppo, Abtin, Hama, Musyaf, Krak des Chevaliers, Palmyra, Damascus and Bosra.
The second time I visited Syria was in July 2004. Then I visited :
Deir Ez-Zur, Qala'at ar-Rahba, Mari, Dura Europos, Aleppo, St Simone, Latakia, the Saladin Castle and Ugarit.
When I visited Syria for the third time, in June 2005, I visited Damascus, Qanawat, Seidnayya, Ma'alula and Aleppo.
Seidnayya is situated only 26 km north of Damascus and can easily be visited on a daytrip from there, using public... more travel advice
Buses to Beirut from Aleppo cost 300 SP and takes about 6 hours. When I travelled it took 6,5 hours as it took quite... more travel advice
- See All Mari
- See All Camels
- See All Wanes, Aleppo
- See All Dancing Dabke
- See All More swimming pools
MalenaN's Related Pages
Syria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of the first Civilizations"
- "Welcome to Syria"
- "26 December 2002 - 6 January 2003"
- "Syria through the eyes of an American"
- "Syria, History and Culture."
- "Off The Beaten Path"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Syria
- Hotels in Syria
- Transportation in Syria
- Nightlife in Syria
- Restaurants in Syria
- Shopping in Syria
- Warnings and Dangers in Syria
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Syria
- 289 Reviews
- 581 Photos
- 31 Forum posts
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (129)
Have you been to Syria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Syria
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 125 reviews, 605 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 119 reviews, 582 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 371 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 34 reviews, 233 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 57 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 56 reviews, 187 photos, 9 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (192)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (4)
Top Syria hotels
- Latakia Hotels
- 80 Reviews - 180 Photos
- Saydnaya Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 7 Photos
- Safita Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Kassab Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 20 Photos
- Idlib Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Hamah Hotels
- 131 Reviews - 421 Photos
- Aleppo Hotels
- 757 Reviews - 1842 Photos
- Damascus Hotels
- 820 Reviews - 2205 Photos
- Busra ash Sham Hotels
- 51 Reviews - 254 Photos
- Baniyas Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 39 Photos
- Az Zabadani Hotels
- 1 Review