"Armenia" Top 5 Page for this destination Armenia by MalenaN

Armenia Travel Guide: 653 reviews and 2,490 photos

Armenia is a small, beautiful country with a long history. In 301 Armenia, then a kingdom, became the first christian nation in the world.
Around in Armenia there are many old churches and monasterys, a few of them on UNESCOs World Heritage list.
- Hagpat and Sanahin Monasterys
- Geghard Monastery and the upper Azat Valley
- The cathedral and churches in Echmiadzin and the historical site Zvartnots

I met many kind and friendly people during my week in Armenia. But I could not speak to everybody as not many people speak English. After Armenian, Russian is the second language.

I visited Armenia for a week in June 2003 and again for almost two weeks in summer 2006.

• Last visit to Armenia: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 16, 2006

• gwendar's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Have spent a very present hour looking over your page very good information and photos

Mar 19, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Thank you Peter. Im glad to hear that you enjoyed My
      Thank you Peter. Im glad to hear that you enjoyed my page.

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I enjoy in virtual tour trough Armenia. It was almost like dream come true since Armenia is on top of my dream-destination list very long time. Thank you for that!

Dec 5, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Thank you Aleksandra for visiting my Page. I have visited Armenia twice and liked it very much. Hope you can visit Armenia soon!

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2013 at 5:49 AM

Looks amazing, would like to visit Armenia one day. Will be renting a room from an Armenian woman in London, so I am reading up on it. Thanks for sharing :)

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:24 AM

Thank you for visiting Regina! I liked Armenia very much and visited twice. It is beautiful with mountains and all old churches.

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Seems to be very interesting

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Thank you for your tips and all the good information and photos that you have prepaired

• flynboxes's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Looks like my kinda of place. Wish I had checked it out when I was there. Great pics...

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2010 at 4:14 AM

Very interesting tips on this far-away country -- at least it seems far-away to me. Great that you had two enjoyable visits there.

• PierreZA's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2010 at 11:23 AM

Very interesting page, I enjoyed reading it.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2009 at 6:27 AM

~Malena, I was thinking of visiting the Caucasus republics...You've had good luck! Great!

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2009 at 7:14 AM

Great tips on the lodging and churches. I had no idea about this and missed it the first time I read your pages. thanks again

Badges & Stats in Armenia

Have you been to Armenia?

Latest Activity in Armenia