"Nicaragua, Nicaragüita" Top 5 Page for this destination Nicaragua by MalenaN

Nicaragua Travel Guide: 1,713 reviews and 5,972 photos

This page needs to be updated

I lived in Nicaragua for nine months with my parents and my sister, from August 1988 to May 1989.
In July 1990 I was back for three weeks with some friends.
And in July - August 2009 I visited for 4 weeks.

Some tips on this page are old, others are new. I hope I will find time soon to make updates and do something about this intro page.

A poem by Gioconda Belli

Rios me atraviesan,
montañas hordan mi cuerpo
y la geografia de este pais
va tomando forma en mi,
haciéndome lagos, brechas y quebradas,
que me está abriendo como un surco,
llenándome de ganas de vivir
para verlo libre, hermoso,
pleno de sonrisa.

Quiero explotar de amor...

• Last visit to Nicaragua: Aug 2009
  • Intro Updated Mar 30, 2012

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Very good overview about your once homecountry! I wasn't aware that you lived there for some time! Does this explain your like for Central and South America? Love the trails, especially the islands and Volcan Concepcion! That landscape is stunning!!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Great that you were able to have a return visit to Nicaragua -- twenty years later!

• Beast's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2009 at 6:49 AM

Unbelieveable you know these places. Few Nicaraguans do. My wife and I live in Pochomil. Would love to see you when you revisit. We know a few more off the beaten paths that you might like to see. :)

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Malena- ypou amaze me...you even went to Nicaragua! I heard it is an underrated tourist destination and people are warm and friendly...Norman :) - love the pic of the fishingboat in Casares

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2007 at 2:42 AM

Thanks , it's to nice page with wonderful pic's .

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2007 at 9:18 AM

Nice page, hope to have the chance to travel to this part of the world soon.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2007 at 7:47 PM

Interesting info on aplace ive not been, lovely beach tips!

• rllankford's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2007 at 11:08 PM

I ended up working for the mine at El Limon in 1995. The town was just as crappy thru the years as it was when you visited! Thanks for the info!!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2007 at 1:49 AM

Lovely beaches & good information on a place you have lived in = nice to include the wet & dry seasons

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2007 at 6:20 PM

Great page, I enjoyed a lot! I like especially little pools in volcanic rocks, spectacular volcanoes, colourful markets, exotic beaches. What an experience to look back on, living in a place like Nicaragua. Your tips are very helpful, thanks for sharing!

MalenaN Visits Here Frequently!

Badges & Stats in Nicaragua

Have you been to Nicaragua?

Latest Activity in Nicaragua