"Chimborazo" Provincia del Chimborazo by MalenaN

Provincia del Chimborazo Travel Guide: 91 reviews and 632 photos

When I visited Ecuador for the first time, in 2011, I climbed Volcán Cotopaxi, which is the second highest mountain in Ecuador with its 5897m. It was a wonderful experience and I wanted to come back to climb the highest mountain, Volcán Chimborazo which is 6310m high. So, I came back to Ecuador in 2012, but then I broke my wrist, and when I was back in 2013 I got a fever and cough and didn’t feel well enough to get acclimatized for such a high climb. Well, I’m going back this year (2014) and this time I really hope I will make it to the top of Chimborazo. Third time lucky!

Even though I didn’t feel well enough to climb Chimborazo in 2013 I came here on a tour to visit the refugios and then bike down from there for several hours. It was a great tour!

• Last visit to Provincia del Chimborazo: Jul 2013
  • Intro Updated Mar 8, 2014

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2015 at 5:39 PM

Great page Malena! Love the photos and very informative. I hope to climb Chimborazo some day.

Mar 31, 2015 at 9:05 PM

I had booked to climb Chimborazo in 2014, but food poisoning put a stop to it. I did climb Cayambe (5710m) but was not well enough for Chimborazo too (especially as the conditions were not the best at that time). Another time hopefully!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2014 at 7:10 AM

This is an awesome page! Your photos are fantastic and you must have been in amazing shape to be able to succeed in your biking and hiking trips through that high level and rugged terrain of this mountainous area. That was quite a view looking downward into the valley as you lay on the ledge taking a close-up look! Well done with the details you explain for each of your photos.

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Thanks for visiting my page Glenn! I was supposed to climb Chimborazo just a few days ago, but had some days earlier got food poisioned. I climbed Cayambe (5790m), but felt I was just too weak to climb Chimborazo too, only two days later. Maybe I should just have waited one or two days more because then all energy was back again, but now I didnt.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2014 at 8:49 AM

It was really a great tour to Chimborazo though without climbing! It looks magnificent on your photos.

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Chimborazo is really impressive and I hope that I Will finally climb it this year. Thanks for visiting Sergey!

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Nice page!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Fabulous scenery again and the vicunas are lovely. I do hope you get to climb Chimborazo this year!

Mar 18, 2014 at 8:23 AM

I do hope so! I plan to spend three weeks getting acclimatized to high altitude and to do the climb. And of course I hope for good weather and great views from the top :)

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
      Mar 18, 2014 at 8:27 AM

And I will look forward to the photos of those views :-)

• Mar 14, 2014 at 1:00 AM

I am a bit bummed out that i didnt get to do ecuador this past november, but it is just simply too hard to travel so far with baby A. im sure chimborazo will still stand for me in the future! i look forward to visiting, i love this landscapes!

Mar 14, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Chimborazo is impressive and I do hope that you will get there one day Anna. For now, places like Bintan Island doesn't sound to be too bad.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Fabulous scenery around here. Liked your accommodation, looked more upmarket to what you usually stay in.

Mar 11, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Volcán Chimborazo is impressive! The hotel room was $25 including breakfast. Often I stay where it is a little cheaper, but this year I even stayed at a lovely place in Puyo where I paid $40 :)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Fine photos in your tips and travelogues. This looks like an exciting place to visit.

Feb 14, 2014 at 12:47 PM

It was a fantastic cycling tour from Chimborazo! Next time I hope to climb to the summit (6320m). Thanks for visiting my pages Don!

Badges & Stats in Provincia del Chimborazo

Have you been to Provincia del Chimborazo?

Videos in Provincia del Chimborazo