"Chimborazo" Provincia del Chimborazo by MalenaN
Provincia del Chimborazo Travel Guide: 91 reviews and 630 photos
When I visited Ecuador for the first time, in 2011, I climbed Volcán Cotopaxi, which is the second highest mountain in Ecuador with its 5897m. It was a wonderful experience and I wanted to come back to climb the highest mountain, Volcán Chimborazo which is 6310m high. So, I came back to Ecuador in 2012, but then I broke my wrist, and when I was back in 2013 I got a fever and cough and didn’t feel well enough to get acclimatized for such a high climb. Well, I’m going back this year (2014) and this time I really hope I will make it to the top of Chimborazo. Third time lucky!
Even though I didn’t feel well enough to climb Chimborazo in 2013 I came here on a tour to visit the refugios and then bike down from there for several hours. It was a great tour!
The two refuges on Chimborazo are named after the Brit Edward Whymper and the Italian brothers Carrel, who were the... more travel advice
Just off the coast of South America the Nazca Plate is going under the South American Plate. This is an ongoing... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Provincia del Chimborazo Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Provincia del Chimborazo
- Hotels in Provincia del Chimborazo
- Transportation in Provincia del Chimborazo
- Nightlife in Provincia del Chimborazo
- Restaurants in Provincia del Chimborazo
- Shopping in Provincia del Chimborazo
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincia del Chimborazo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincia del Chimborazo
- 46 Reviews
- 430 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (249)
Have you been to Provincia del Chimborazo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincia del Chimborazo
- Posted in Travel Quito Forum "Re: Bus and taxi at International..."
- Commented on one of MalenaN's Provincia del Chimborazo travel pages
- updated a Provincia del Chimborazo Travel Page "Chimborazo"
- Wrote a Review Refugio Carrel and Refugio Whymper in Provincia del Chimborazo Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Refugio Carrel and Refugio Whymper"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 157 reviews, 845 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 133 reviews, 653 photos, 3 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 78 reviews, 555 photos, 25 travelogues
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 56 reviews, 465 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 39 reviews, 327 photos, 21 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla Isabela Intro, 43 reviews, 266 photos, 11 travelogues