"Ecuador" Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador by MalenaN

Ecuador Travel Guide: 5,240 reviews and 19,509 photos

In 2011 I visited Ecuador for seven weeks. It was an amazing trip where I saw beautiful nature, did lots of fun things and met many nice people. I went back to Ecuador for another seven weeks in 2012, but this year I broke my wrist after a few days and couldn't do everything I wanted to do.

In the travelouges below I have got the itineraries for my two visits, and in one travelouge I have got links to all the Ecuadorian travel pages I have built here on VT.

• Last visit to Ecuador: Aug 2011
  • Intro Updated Mar 9, 2014

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Just about everything you've included looks fun. What great things to do and see. I especially think you climbing Volcán Cotopaxi is impressive and the petroglyphs at the falls is fantastic. Excellent page Malena!

Mar 28, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Thank you Dee for visiting my page! I have really enjoyed lots of things that I have done and seen in Ecuador. That is the reason why I have been back three times!

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2013 at 3:22 PM

You work very hard and very well as your tips and photos are very good and interesting
    You know that Ecuador , Galápagos... is in my wish list

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Malena, I’ve just been reading some of your new and updated tips that you have added here since October 2011. Some of the places look familiar because I have read your individual pages on them, but some are new to me. Ecuador certainly does look like a fascinating country!

Jun 9, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Thank you for visiting Don! I'm happy that I will visit Ecuador for a third time. During my next trip I will revisit a few places and also visit new places. I wish I had more time because there will still be lots of places I want to visit, but will not have time for during this trip.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2012 at 4:17 AM

It must have been a very interesting trips, Malena! I would like to stand at the middle of the world and see volcanoes and Galapagos islands...

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2012 at 3:24 PM

an interesting page with excellent photos that reminds me that I wanted to go to the Galapagos already for many years !

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Thank you Michael! Yes, you should really go to Galapagos, a wonderful place!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Thanks for your interesting page, Malena! You have splendid memories and a great story here!~

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2012 at 2:54 PM

The Ruinas de Ingapirca, dragons and church is fantastic. Excellent page!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Hi Malena, Enjoyed your page, your photos are excellent with brilliant colour.The crater lake with native plant in forefront appeals. You must have strength and courage to cycle the roads. Thanks for visiting my KL page.

• alza's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Malena, Amazing places and excellent writing! I'll continue reading soon. Bravo and thank you for this inspiring page!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Fantastic overview about your Ecuador trip! I love the landscapes you hiked, especially the one of Rio Pastaza. Excellent hotel finds, my favourite is I think Hotel Chimenea. Very good value and your room looks charming!

Badges & Stats in Ecuador

• 1,042 Reviews
  • 8,034 Photos

Have you been to Ecuador?

Latest Activity in Ecuador