"Colombia" Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia by MalenaN

Colombia Travel Guide: 4,157 reviews and 12,221 photos

Places I visited in Colombia 2007: Taganga, Santa Marta, Ciudad Perdida, Cartagena, Mompós, Bucaramanga, Girón, Villa de Leyva, Ráquira, Zipaquirá, Bogotá and San Agustin.

I liked Colombia very much and went back in 2008. This time I visited: Pamplona, San Gil, Barichara, Bogota, La Plata, Tierradentro, Popayan, Cali, Isla Gorgona, Guapi, Salento, Manizales, Los Nevados NP, Medellín, Santa Fe de Antioquia, Tolú, Cartagena, Santa Marta, Taganga and Tyrona.

The singer Juanes is from Colombia and as a souvenir I bought one of his albums; Mi sangre-Tour edition. It was my favourite CD for many months after my first visit and it has been played frequently in my home. Now I have also bought CDs by Carlos Vives, another great Colombian artist.

• Last visit to Colombia: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated Dec 12, 2008

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Thank you for bringing back so many sweet memories of this so wonderful country :-)) Fantastic hotel tips as usual, Malena :-))

Aug 28, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Thank you for visiting Ingrid. I would love to go back to Colombia one day!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
      Aug 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Welcome Malena :-))

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:42 AM

This is an excellent page Malena. Columbia sounds and looks very nice, and quite cheap by the sound of it. Thanks for a beaut virtual tour!

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Thanks for visiting Dee! Greatings from Quito, which I arrived to yesterday.

Jun 9, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Good on you for being so adventurous! Will return to finish this page.

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:46 PM

From what I've read so far, there is lots of beautiful and interesting places you have seen in Columbia.

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I enjoyed Colombia very much , so beautiful and such diversity!

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM

You did lots of adventurous things in Colombia (spelled with an o this time, LOL) and had a great variety of places to stay. Some of the accommodations sound very nice, others . . . a bit strenuous, perhaps, but interesting.

Sep 21, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Thank you Don for seeing the rest of my Colombian tips. Yes, some of the accommodation was very nice even though it was very cheap.

Sep 15, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Hi Malena, you certainly got into some fascinating little places in Columbia! It’s nice that they still use horses and carts to make deliveries in Guapí. They had a great idea to leave that big fossil in the place where it was found and build a museum around it.

Sep 15, 2012 at 6:43 AM

Thanks for the spelling correction. I always misspell that word because I went to a university called Columbia (with a u) in New York.

Sep 15, 2012 at 6:54 AM

It is a very common misstake made mostly by people from US, and as the word Columbia is often used there it is understandable.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2012 at 2:57 PM

A very thorough and comprehensive guide to Colombia complete with great accommodation tips and things to do and see. Whoever is planning to go to Colombia will love this page. Good work Malena.

• codrutz's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Your tips makes me add Columbia to my wish list destinations

• Minceta's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2011 at 4:19 AM

I have not only been in Colombia, but also lived there. From your "Top 10" pages I have been in Colombia, Turkey, Budpest, Cartagena, Bogota and Istanbul.

Jasmina

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2011 at 7:45 AM

You have seen so many places in Columbia. You certainly like hiking and trekking a lot. Santa Marta, San Agustin, Bogotá, San Gil, Manizales and Cocora Valley certainly attract us the most. Thanks for your lovely virtual tour. ~ho & pang

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2010 at 10:06 AM

YOu really got to see a lot of the country and its archaeological sites. What a great trip. Thank yo for the tour.

Badges & Stats in Colombia

• 2,330 Photos

Have you been to Colombia?

Latest Activity in Colombia