"Szentendre" Top 5 Page for this destination Szentendre by MalenaN

Szentendre Travel Guide: 220 reviews and 617 photos

Szentendre is a small picturesque town 20 km north of Budapest. It is very easy to visit on a daytrip from Budapest and that's what I did.
In Szentendre you will see houses in many different colours built in Baroque and Rococo style, and many church towers as there are many Catholic and Orthodox churches in the town. It is pleasant to walk around the narrow streets and now and then visit one of the many souvenir shops, cafes and restaurants, churches, art galleries and museums.

Many of the churches in Szentendre are Serbian Orthodox. That?s because many Serbs came to Hungary and Szentendre after the Ottomans had conquered the Balkans.

• Last visit to Szentendre: Mar 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 10, 2006

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Mmmmmmmmm, I'm afraid I missed this city!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2010 at 3:05 AM

I've never been to Szentendre, but I see from the map that it's not far from Dunakeszi, where an elderly aunt of mine used to live (my father's oldest sister).

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2009 at 1:04 AM

I like the quaint, shopping street, be great to have a browse around!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Thank you for leaving a comment on my Szentendre page! I have only been there once, but enjoyed it very much.

• HLam's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2009 at 12:10 PM

I enjoy Szentendre every time I am there - beautiful place at any time of the year! Check out the gift shop at the main square, they are just lovely people with really good crafts! Very good page on Szentendre, MalenaN!! :)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2009 at 3:21 AM

Lovely little town of Szentendre. The langos sound yummy.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Interesting page on this little town. Potteries are often tempting but sooo heavy! Marzipan museum! How amazing!

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Another enjoyable page, Malena! They charge you money to take pictures of churches in Szentendre? If so, I think I would skip the churches -- and just enjoy some langos and a big glass of Drecher beer. Cheers, Bill

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Hi Malena! Nice pictures you have of Szentedre! Norman :)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2009 at 11:18 PM

I know I'd love to visit that picturesque town too... Thanks for sharing!

Badges & Stats in Szentendre

Have you been to Szentendre?

Latest Activity in Szentendre