"Ballintoy - a lovely little village" Ballintoy by MalenaN
Ballintoy Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 142 photos
Ballintoy is a lovely little village situated along the coastal road, about 8km west of Ballycastle. The village is mainly gathered around the main road. Behind the village is Knocksaughey Hill and in front of the village fields are slopping down towards the sea.
I’m happy I made this my base while exploring the North Antrim Coast and Giant‘s Causeway. It is easy to travel by bus along the coast (even if the buses are not very frequent) and it is a beautiful and peaceful area to walk around in. Just outside the village is Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and 1km down from the main road is the picturesque harbour.
There are places for accommodation, both in and around the village, and there are two pubs and restaurants. I saw there are a few shops, but they were not open when I visited off season.
It is a lovely walk for just over 1km between Ballintoy Harbour and Whitepark Bay. Below the cliffs there are several... more travel advice
From the main road a narrow road leads down, past the church, to Ballintoy Harbour. It is a picturesque place below the... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Ballintoy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ballintoy - a lovely little village"
- "dueling pubs..."
- "Yes, the rope bridge.........."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ballintoy
- Hotels in Ballintoy
- Transportation in Ballintoy
- Restaurants in Ballintoy
- See All...
Explore the World
- Oyster Bay Hotels
- Richards Bay
- Collingwood Hotels
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Zakarpats'ka Oblast'
- Louisville Hotels
- Rapid City Hotels
- San Jose del Monte Hotels
- Kramer Junction Hotels
- Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio
Badges & Stats in Ballintoy
- 17 Reviews
- 138 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (130)
Have you been to Ballintoy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ballintoy
- Posted in Travel Stockholm Forum "Re: travel to Ludvika"
- updated a Ballintoy Travel Page "Ballintoy - a lovely little village"
- Wrote a Review Between Ballintoy Harbour and Whitepark Bay in Ballintoy Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Between Ballintoy Harbour and Whitepark Bay"
- Commented on one of Sar77's Ballintoy travel pages
Photos in BallintoySee All Photos (138)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 125 reviews, 605 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 120 reviews, 587 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 371 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 34 reviews, 233 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 57 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 56 reviews, 187 photos, 9 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (195)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (4)
Latest Ballintoy hotel reviews
- The Fullerton Arms
- 102 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013