"Edinburgh - the capital of Scotland" Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh by MalenaN

Edinburgh Travel Guide: 3,449 reviews and 6,942 photos

Edinburgh is not the biggest city in Scotland, but it is the capital and it has been an important city through out the Scottish history.

Together Edinburgh Old Town and New Town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Old Town is built on a ridge and stretches from the Castle to Holyrood. It is full of tall stone houses and narrow streets, wynds and closes. The New Town is situated to the north of Old Town, but is not that new at all. It started to be built in the 18th century.

Edinburgh has a lot to offer with many historical buildings and monuments and interesting museums, good shopping and pubs. I enjoyed my visit very much!

• Last visit to Edinburgh: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 29, 2005

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Very interesting tips
    It is clear that I left many things to see in our next travel

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I didn't see everything either. But that is a good excuse for going back one day.

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Edinburgh seems to be an interesting city for our next stop in the United Kingdom. After reading your reviews and seeing the photos of the city you have taken, we will place the city high on our list of cities to visit in Europe. Edinburgh Castle certainly impresses us a lot. Thanks for your excellent virtual tour of Edinburgh. ~ho & pang

Sep 20, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Thank you for visiting ho and pang! Edinburgh is a lovely city and I can really recommend a visit there. I would like to go back one day but when it is warmer than in February.

Aug 17, 2013 at 4:52 AM

Thank you Juan! How nice to visit Edinburgh for a weekend. There are lots of things to see and do to fill a weekend in Edinburgh. I allways think it is nice to do a lot of walking around a town. Besides the castle good places to visit are Museum of Scotland, Holyrrod Abbey and Palace and Calton Hill, and of course much more.

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Hola Malena
    I liked your Edinburgh photos and tips as usual
    We are going a week end to "E" have you any special recommendation ?

Aug 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Aug 30, 2013 at 2:03 AM

That is the advantage of the cheap flights , we may fly direct from Santander to Edinburgh at very reasonable prices .
      We are ready, with the umbrella, to walk , visit and enjoy Edinburgh . We will follow your instructions

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Great page Malena

• spidermiss's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Love your Edinburgh tips...returning at the end of September:D x

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Hi Malena, very good page, I especially like your good museum reviews, and the beautiful pictures!

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Hi Malena, great page about Edinburgh. We are visiting Scotland this summer so we will visit Edinburgh, looks such a nice city!

• bct341's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2010 at 6:16 PM

love the old town photo on your Edinburgh home page. The silhouette of the steeples and towers is really compelling. Plus, great tips on Edinburgh :)

• Joseph69's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Thanks for your tips regarding the airport bus! I may use it next week. Well done. :) Cheers, Joseph.

Badges & Stats in Edinburgh

Have you been to Edinburgh?

Latest Activity in Edinburgh