"Edinburgh - the capital of Scotland" Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh by MalenaN
Edinburgh Travel Guide: 3,449 reviews and 6,943 photos
Edinburgh is not the biggest city in Scotland, but it is the capital and it has been an important city through out the Scottish history.
Together Edinburgh Old Town and New Town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Old Town is built on a ridge and stretches from the Castle to Holyrood. It is full of tall stone houses and narrow streets, wynds and closes. The New Town is situated to the north of Old Town, but is not that new at all. It started to be built in the 18th century.
Edinburgh has a lot to offer with many historical buildings and monuments and interesting museums, good shopping and pubs. I enjoyed my visit very much!
MalenaN's Related Pages
Edinburgh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Edinburgh Travel - A Special City - A Special View"
- "Scotland's Capital City"
- "Embra - Scotlands Capital City"
- "A guide to Edinburgh dining & nightlife"
- "Edinburgh - the capital of Scotland"
- "Opera and Graduation in Edinburgh"
- "The highs and lows of the 7 hills..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edinburgh
- Hotels in Edinburgh
- Transportation in Edinburgh
- Nightlife in Edinburgh
- Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Shopping in Edinburgh
- Warnings and Dangers in Edinburgh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edinburgh
- 57 Reviews
- 99 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Edinburgh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edinburgh
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 146 reviews, 715 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 126 reviews, 618 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 34 reviews, 278 photos, 17 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 48 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Isla San Cristóbal Intro, 38 reviews, 237 photos, 10 travelogues
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues