"Howth" Top 5 Page for this destination Howth by MalenaN
Howth Travel Guide: 184 reviews and 587 photos
Howth is a pretty fishing and yachting port, about 15 km north-east of Dublin city centre. The little town lies on the north side of Howth Head, with steep winding streets going uphill from the harbour.
It is a popular daytrip from Dublin as it is a nice place to walk around in. You can walk around in the town and harbour and you can choose to make longer walks on paths around Howth Head.
Howth is a fishing centre so you will find fresh local catches on the menus in the restaurants and cafes.
Howth Lighthouse is standing in the harbour in the end of the East Pier. It was built in 1818 and was working until 1982... more travel advice
If you are going to walk round Howth Head you should take the signs saying “Warning Dangerous Cliffs” seriously. The... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Howth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Howth - 'The finest view west of Naples'"
- "Howth and Malahide: Great Dublin Day Trips"
- "Howth IS Magic!"
- "A great daytrip from Dublin!"
- "Just 30 minutes from Dublin..."
- "Beauty awaits ... just 30 minutes outside Dublin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Howth
- Hotels in Howth
- Transportation in Howth
- Nightlife in Howth
- Restaurants in Howth
- Shopping in Howth
- Warnings and Dangers in Howth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Howth
- 14 Reviews
- 103 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Howth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Howth
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 146 reviews, 715 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 126 reviews, 618 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 34 reviews, 278 photos, 17 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 48 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Isla San Cristóbal Intro, 38 reviews, 237 photos, 10 travelogues
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues