"Letterfrack and Kylemore Abbey" Letterfrack by MalenaN

Letterfrack Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 259 photos

I chose Letterfrack to be my base for a few days while exploring Connemara. The Connemara National Park visitor Centre is situated in Letterfrack, but was closed during my visit in February. From the visitor centre there is a good trail up on Diamond Hill where I hiked up soon after I had arrived to Letterfrack. During my stay in Letterfrack I also visited Kylemore Abbey and hiked up on Tully Mountain.

Letterfrack is a village and for being such a small place I was surprised to find three pubs, at least two cafés, a large food store, a post office, a library (with Internet) and there is also a film club and a furniture college in Letterfrack.

• Last visit to Letterfrack: Feb 2013
  • Intro Updated Apr 2, 2013

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2013 at 4:50 AM

I have not been in Ireland "yet" , but I must think about

Nov 9, 2013 at 5:22 AM

You should, it is a lovely place. I hope to go back and explore other parts of the country one day.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2013 at 9:11 PM

What a beautiful place. I enjoyed all your tips, but the warning one is a good about the danger of walking along the roads. Too many things can seriously wrong there. Glad your deligent. How are you doing? Excellent page!

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Hello Dee, and thanks for visiting my page! I really enjoyed the hikes in Connemara region, especially when the sun shone. A little over a week ago I came home from Ecuador again, and I have also been back at work for a week. How are you?

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2013 at 7:38 AM

I still can't believe how lucky you were with the weather here! Whar beautiful scenery, and excellent descriptions of your walks :-) And Kylemore Abbey seems so interesting to visit too

May 6, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Being the end of February I was really lucky with the weather. Even if it was quite cold I was so happy with the sunny and clear weather during my walks. Connemara was a lovely region to visit!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2013 at 5:36 AM

From your photos this looks like a beautiful place, even in February.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Malena, fabulous little page about Letterfrack here. It looks like the weather was quite okay for February. I once visited the Connemara almost 20 years ago. I am looking forward to reading more about your adventures in Ireland.

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I was very lucky with the weather - no rain at all.

Badges & Stats in Letterfrack

Have you been to Letterfrack?

Latest Activity in Letterfrack