"Pyramids of Dahshur" Dahshur by MalenaN

Dahshur Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 47 photos

In Dahshur you will find the world’s oldest proper pyramid (not a step pyramid).
The area has been in a military zoon and it is only the latest 10 years tourists have been allowed to visit the site. Many tours visit Giza, Saqqara and Memphis, but not Dahshur. They really miss something, but it is good for the ones who visit, as they will have the place almost for themselves. When I visited there was no one trying to sell you things, offer you a camel ride or asking if you need a guide. There were only the police in front of the pyramid and very few tourists.

• Last visit to Dahshur: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 10, 2005

Travelogues (1)

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2008 at 1:35 PM

this for me would be a journey into the unknown - interesting destination for you

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2007 at 11:56 AM

an interestinbg page about an exotic place far away from the ordinary tourist-streams !

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2007 at 11:26 AM

Really off the beaten Egypt path! I won't be there anyway. It was very interesting to learn about 55-44 degrees pyramid! Though I don't believe that pyramids are so old... But it's another story, may be I'll write about it on my own pages in May.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2007 at 7:26 PM

Mysterious and exotic place! The world’s oldest proper pyramid (not a step pyramid) is a must for me now! Great idea with renting a car with driver!

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2007 at 4:55 AM

Wonderful!!!!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2007 at 10:24 AM

I can only imagine how wonderful this trip was, Malena!

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2006 at 7:17 AM

Nice tip! Never been there, always wanted to go ... :-)

• miriamkhalifa's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2006 at 5:30 AM

Very good Malena! The red pyramid is my favourite... With those strange chambers inside.. hugs!!

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2006 at 3:54 AM

I've never heard of the bent Pyramid before - it looks quite amazing!

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2006 at 8:57 PM

Hi Malena, this is a interesting place ! Thanks for the tip. I have never been there till now.....

Badges & Stats in Dahshur

Have you been to Dahshur?

Latest Activity in Dahshur