"Pyramids of Dahshur" Dahshur by MalenaN
Dahshur Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 47 photos
In Dahshur you will find the world’s oldest proper pyramid (not a step pyramid).
The area has been in a military zoon and it is only the latest 10 years tourists have been allowed to visit the site. Many tours visit Giza, Saqqara and Memphis, but not Dahshur. They really miss something, but it is good for the ones who visit, as they will have the place almost for themselves. When I visited there was no one trying to sell you things, offer you a camel ride or asking if you need a guide. There were only the police in front of the pyramid and very few tourists.
I decided not to use public transportation to see the different pyramids outside Cairo (Dahshur is not easy to reach by... more travel advice
From the parking lot there is a stair up to the entrance of the Red Pyramid. The entrance is 30 metres up and from there... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Dahshur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pyramids of Dahshur"
- "Early Pyramids"
- "Royal Necropolis of Dahshur"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dahshur
- 4 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Dahshur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dahshur
Photos in DahshurSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 146 reviews, 715 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 126 reviews, 618 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 34 reviews, 278 photos, 17 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 48 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Isla San Cristóbal Intro, 38 reviews, 237 photos, 10 travelogues
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues