Amasra Things to Do Tips by MalenaN Top 5 Page for this destination
Amasra Things to Do: 30 reviews and 97 photos
The walls and cliffs around Amasra can be quite steep (and there is no fences). Waiting for the sunset I sat on the edge of a wall and did not want to look down too much but only over the glittering sea.
Sunset over the Black Sea
In Amasra you can see a beautiful sunset over the Black Sea. You will have a nice view from the northern part of the citadel wall, just above the cay bahcesi (tea garden).
The museum is situated in a grey stone building close by the sea and Kücük Liman. There are two ethnographic halls with items from the Ottoman period, 17th – 19th century. In one of the rooms there are weapons, trays, jars and other metal things. And in the other hall there is a large kilim and carpets on the walls, finely embroidered women’s dresses and jewellery.
There are also archaeological finds, mostly from the Roman period. There are statues, pottery and small glass bottles.
Entrance fee was 1 000 000 TL.
The city wall
Gate in the wall
The beach in Amasra
More Reviews (12)
MalenaN's Related Pages
Amasra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Amasra: Turkey's Amalfi"
- "Amasra - Atmospheric Black Sea Resort Town"
- "Very little green-blue town"
- "SLEEPING PRINCESS "AMASRA""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amasra
- Hotels in Amasra
- Transportation in Amasra
- Nightlife in Amasra
- Restaurants in Amasra
- Shopping in Amasra
- Warnings and Dangers in Amasra
- See All...
Explore the World
- Port Saint Lucie
- Holesov Hotels
- Strood Hotels
- Prallsville Hotels
- Province of Mindoro Oriental Hotels
Badges & Stats in Amasra
- 20 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (126)
Have you been to Amasra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amasra
Photos in AmasraSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 125 reviews, 605 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 101 reviews, 494 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 371 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 57 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 56 reviews, 187 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mindo Intro, 20 reviews, 222 photos, 15 travelogues