"Bursa" Top 5 Page for this destination Bursa by MalenaN

Bursa Travel Guide: 254 reviews and 641 photos

Bursa is situated below the great mountain Ulugag. Before Bursa used to be called Green Bursa because of the green mountain slopes, but now Bursa has become the fifth largest city in Turkey and have more concrete buildings and factories.

Bursa was the first Ottoman capital and have many historical buildings from that period. It is full of beautiful mosques, old royal tombs and hans (caravanserai).

• Last visit to Bursa: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 2, 2004

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2009 at 4:04 AM

Thanks for great tips, going to be very helpful next month when I visit Bursa ;-)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2009 at 9:50 AM

40 millions just for a fan, TV and bathroom... did you BUY that place ?? ;-)) ...I still rememeber my last time in Turkey, 1987, I paid 200 TL for a tasty sesame-ring and I also still hold a coin of 10 TL...

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2008 at 12:17 PM

Bursa looks very interesting to explore. Thanks for the introduction!

• bak_europe's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2008 at 7:15 AM

Every night at 930pm u can see the WHIRLING DERVISHES perform. Get there at 8.45 if you want to get a seat. WOMEN sit at the top (as in the pic) and the men sit below.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2008 at 11:02 AM

Bursa was left behind my travel-ring this time though our guide was from this city and he praised as one of the most interesting place in Turkey. Thanks Malena for sharing!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2007 at 4:34 PM

Another excellent chapter on your travels through Turkey! Yes, regrets about not visiting the royal apartments or buying that scarf! When we were at the Grand Canyon we forked out some extra $ for a helicopter ride - would likely never get another chance!

• Docu2001's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2006 at 2:09 PM

Looks yummy ... I wonder if I can get one in Cologne?

• ellielou's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2006 at 4:55 PM

helpful stuff here; added a few tips to my DiY guide....well done!

• Tijavi's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2006 at 3:16 AM

Can't wait to try the Iskander Kebabs! Looks good, tastes even better, I hope!

• AyseE's Profile Photo