"Göreme and Cappadocia" Top 5 Page for this destination Goreme by MalenaN
Goreme Travel Guide: 512 reviews and 1,590 photos
The landscape in Cappadocia looks like nothing else with its strange rockformations. The vulcanic tufa rock has been erroded by wind and water for millions of years. The tufa stone is porous and soft until it comes in contact with air and it has been perfect for carving churches and houses.
Tourists come to Göreme to see the amazing landscape, visit the rock cut churches with painted frescos, the underground cities with their labyrinths of rooms and corridores and to walk in the beautiful valleys.
When I was going to fly the hot air balloon I was told to bring a lot of film. So of course I did. But what happened... more travel advice
North of Ihlara, cut in the rocks, is Selim Monastery. It is a complex with several rooms. The church has a gallery and... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Goreme Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MAGICAL CAPPADOCIA!"
- "Göreme and Cappadocia"
- "Goreme Open-Air Museum"
- "The magical, fantasy world of Kapadokya"
- "Goreme and Cappadocia"
- "For those who into art history"
- "out of this world"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Goreme
- Hotels in Goreme
- Transportation in Goreme
- Nightlife in Goreme
- Restaurants in Goreme
- Shopping in Goreme
- Warnings and Dangers in Goreme
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Goreme
- 33 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Goreme?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goreme
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 146 reviews, 715 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 126 reviews, 618 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 34 reviews, 278 photos, 17 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 48 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Isla San Cristóbal Intro, 38 reviews, 237 photos, 10 travelogues
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues