"The surroundings of Van" Top 5 Page for this destination Van by MalenaN
Van Travel Guide: 163 reviews and 442 photos
The city Van is not a beautiful or picturesque city but quite modern, but nice with great view of the mountains around. It's a good place to stay at while exploring the surroundings and to see, for example, the impressive Hosap Castle, the old Armenian church on Akdamar Island or the blue colour of Van Gülü, which is so beautiful against the bare mountains around. In Van there is Van Kalesi.
I visited Van in 2003, and also in 2004. Both times I didn’t stay long, two nights and one night. But I hope to visit again one day.
In Van buses to Diyarbakir leaves from the otogar outside town. Most bus companies have free minibuses going from the... more travel advice
From Iskele (harbour) the boats for Tatvan leave. But in the evening this is a place where people come to see the... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Van Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "May Haldi Protect You!"
- "Xerxes the Great called us!"
- "The surroundings of Van"
- "maykal's new Van Page"
- "Enchanting Van"
- "VAN... CAPITAL OF ANCIENT URARTU KINGDOM"
- "PAGE DEDICATED TO SIR JEFF"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Van
- Hotels in Van
- Transportation in Van
- Nightlife in Van
- Restaurants in Van
- Shopping in Van
- Warnings and Dangers in Van
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Van
- 24 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 39 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Van?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Van
Photos in VanSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 146 reviews, 715 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 126 reviews, 618 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 34 reviews, 278 photos, 17 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 48 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Isla San Cristóbal Intro, 38 reviews, 237 photos, 10 travelogues
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues