Aleppo Restaurant Tips by MalenaN Top 5 Page for this destination
Aleppo Restaurants: 68 reviews and 105 photos
Drinking orange juice
In front of the citadel there are several cafes (first it looks like one big cafe) serving drinks and snacks. The view over the citadel is great and it is also a good place for people watching.
For the VT-meeting we (Fouad and his wife, Firas, Rami and I) went to Touring Club in the outskirts of Aleppo. It is a big place with a swimming pool. We had a lot of delicious food and also danced. It was a Thursday night (Friday is the day off in Syria) and a lot of people in different ages where there and there was live music.
It was really great to meet all the nice VT-members and Dania!
I and Leen
One evening in Aleppo I went with Firas, Leen and Fouad and his son to eat at Al Itihad Club. There were a lot of people even though it was in the middle of the week. Here you can have pizza and hamburgers.
It is a good place for families as there is a playing area for children by the side. But then there is the swimming pool! With too young children you have to be careful where they go.
During the day Al Itihad is a sports club.
Firas at Wanes
Coming from St Simeon Firas and I went to have lunch at Wanes, a popular place with food of very high quality.
The rice was served in a cupola with some nuts and the lamb came in a delicious tomato sauce (nothing near crushed tomatoes in a tin). To drink we had Lebanese beer.
The food here is really something to recommend!
Phone: 222 43 53, 222 43 54
Firas, I and Zeid
Beit Wakil hotel and restaurant is situated in a restored 18th century palace in Al-Jdeida quarter. The restaurant is in a beautiful courtyard and the food served is traditional Syrian cuisine of good quality.
We, Firas, Zeid from London and I had several small dishes. One of them was Firas favourite Lahmeh bi Karez (lamb meat with cherry).
Address: Sissi Street
Phone: 221 7169
About everywhere on the street you can buy a shwarma. Stripes of meat (lamb, chicken or beef), togheter with some vegetables (tomatoes and pickles) and sometimes frensh fries are stuffed in a roll of pita bread. And a sause is added.
Usually very cheap.
The photo is taken at a small place just off Sharia al-Quwatli when I went there to eat with Noriko from Japan. We also had hummos.
Comparison: least expensive
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (50)
- See All Al-Jdeida
- See All The Citadel seen from Al-Jdeida
- See All From Damascus to Aleppo
- Al - Gawaher
- See All Praying time
MalenaN's Related Pages
Aleppo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aleppo is the place to be!!!"
- "Aleppo - حلب"
- "Aleppo - the Oldest City in the World"
- "Syria's second city - unique and wonderful."
- "Aleppine Photos - Dec 2006"
- "Vt-meeting at Touring Club"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aleppo
- Hotels in Aleppo
- Transportation in Aleppo
- Nightlife in Aleppo
- Restaurants in Aleppo
- Shopping in Aleppo
- Warnings and Dangers in Aleppo
- See All...
Explore the World
- San Nicolò di Lido Hotels
- Neubrunn Hotels
- Clarke Island Hotels
- Point Pleasant Beach Hotels
- Pas de la Casa
Badges & Stats in Aleppo
- 58 Reviews
- 122 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (126)
Have you been to Aleppo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aleppo
Photos in AleppoSee All Photos (122)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 122 reviews, 550 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 100 reviews, 486 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 371 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 57 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 56 reviews, 187 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mindo Intro, 20 reviews, 222 photos, 15 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (183)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (4)
Latest Aleppo hotel reviews
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2012
- Chahba Cham Palace Hotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2010
- BEIT WAKIL
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 18, 2012
- Ramsis Hotel
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 22, 2011
- Mandaloun Hotel-Restaurant Aleppo
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 30, 2012
- Mirage Palace
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 16, 2011
- Planet Hotel
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 3, 2011
- Amir Palace Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Beit Salahieh Hotel
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 24, 2012
- Coral Julia Dumna Hotel
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 21, 2012
- Dar Zamaria
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
- Dar Halabia Hotel
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2011
- Tourist Hotel
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 6, 2012
- Baron Hotel
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 21, 2012
- Sheraton Aleppo Hotel
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Citadel- 49 Reviews, 140 Photos
- Christian Quarter- 16 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Umayyad Mosque- 19 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Souqs- 17 Reviews, 44 Photos
- National Museum- 8 Reviews, 20 Photos
- The Old City- 8 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Madrassa Halawiyya- 4 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Bab Antakya - Antioch Gate- 4 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Hammam Yalbougha An Nasry- 4 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Khan Al Gumruk- 2 Reviews, 5 Photos
See All Aleppo Things to Do