"Aleppo" Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo by MalenaN

Aleppo Travel Guide: 757 reviews and 1,842 photos

There are many historical and interesting places to visit in Aleppo, like the citadel, the souq and many mosques and Khans. But there is also a modern part. It is the second largest city of Syria.

On all my visits I met many nice people who made the best memories. The first time in Aleppo I was invited to a kind and welcoming family in a village outside the city. And the second time in Aleppo I met VT-members Firas, Fouad and Rami. And I had a great time! The third time I met Fouad and his family again and they took very good care of me.

The first time I heard about Aleppo was when I many years ago read a book about the history of Mesopotamia. Aleppo used to be an important stop along the caravan route. Now it is claming to be one of the oldest inhabited cities of the world. It is an old city and it is first mentioned as the capital of a powerful Amorite kingdom on tablets found in Mari from the 18th century BC.
When I first heard about Aleppo I could not imagine I was one day going there. But now I have been there not only once, but three times.

• Last visit to Aleppo: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 27, 2005

• tango_jd's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2009 at 6:14 AM

I am keeping in touch with the photo copyright issue - but, NICE photo by the way! If you have Paint Shop Pro or similar, you can add discreet (C) text to a photo before posting it.

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2008 at 1:13 AM

Thanks Malena , you have very nice Aleppo page .

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2007 at 1:41 AM

Again a top page! Wish you all the best in 2008. Greetz from Belgium

• Tijavi's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2007 at 7:52 AM

Dropped by for some last minute tips for my trip this weekend - would be interesting to visit the souk on Friday. I wish I have more time to enjoy Aleppo and Syria. Thanks for sharing.

• js77's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2007 at 12:55 PM

Beautiful city! I hope to visit it this autumn.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2007 at 1:44 PM

The Citadel looks very interesting = your opening photo is stunning I hope you write about the mosque some time = enjoyed the virtual tour!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2006 at 1:20 PM

Very enticing. Looks like you started with a rush and ran out of puff. Cheers.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2006 at 12:27 PM

Wow...what a beautiful mosque with the lights. SL

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2006 at 11:34 AM

Your page is great! I just cannot beleive, that I have visited Aleppo myself! But that was in 1982. Aleppo stilll looks so nice and beautiful!

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2006 at 4:23 PM

Real pleasure to read your tips and info. Always was curious about Syria. Most of the money changers here in Budapest are either from Cairo, Damascus or Aleppo. Even the Syrians I knew in Moscow came from Aleppo. PS thx 4 yr visit to my pages.Tim

Badges & Stats in Aleppo