"Maalula" Top 5 Page for this destination Ma`lula by MalenaN
Ma`lula Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 206 photos
Maalula is situated about 50 km north of Damascus and can easily be visited on a daytrip, also including Seidnayya.
It is a charming little village in a narrow valley with light blue and yellow houses below the cliffs. Here you can visit the Convent of St Thecla and the Monastery of St Serkis, walk the siq and stroll around in the quiet village.
Ahead of the Convent of St Thecla is a canyon (siq) cut out of the rock by water. It is not as big and fascinating as... more travel advice
Maalula is most famous as the place where Aramaic is spoken. Aramaic is the language Jesus was speaking and in which... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Ma`lula Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "paint me blue"
- "A Tiny and Different Town in Syria"
- "Our father in Armenic"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ma`lula
- Hotels in Ma`lula
- Transportation in Ma`lula
- Restaurants in Ma`lula
- Shopping in Ma`lula
- Warnings and Dangers in Ma`lula
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ma`lula
- 8 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Ma`lula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ma`lula
Photos in Ma`lulaSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 146 reviews, 715 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 126 reviews, 618 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 34 reviews, 278 photos, 17 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 48 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Isla San Cristóbal Intro, 38 reviews, 237 photos, 10 travelogues
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues