"Arz ar-Rab / Cedars of the Lord" Al Arz by MalenaN
Al Arz Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 55 photos
The cedars of Lebanon are mentioned already in the Old Testament. By that time cedar forests covered big areas of the mountain slopes.
At The Cedars today, only a small grove of cedars is left. They are now well protected with a fence around the area and walking paths for the tourists. Some of the trees are over 1000 year.
There is no special entrance fee, but you will be asked to contribute to the maintenance of "The Forest of Gods Cedar", starting at 1000 LL.
Bcharré is a small town in the Qadisha Valley with red roofed houses and three churches. This is the town you pass... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Al Arz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arz ar-Rab / Cedars of the Lord"
- "Just missed the ski season!"
- "Cedars Of The Lord !"
- "Les Cèdres"
- "Al Arz"
- "The Cedars of Lebanon"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Al Arz
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (126)
Have you been to Al Arz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Al Arz
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 120 reviews, 542 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 99 reviews, 481 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 371 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 57 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 56 reviews, 187 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mindo Intro, 20 reviews, 222 photos, 15 travelogues