"Beit Ed Dine" Beit ed Dine by MalenaN
Beit ed Dine Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 49 photos
Beiteddine Palace (Palais Emir Bachir Chahabi) is a beautiful palace in the village of Beit Ed Dine in the Chouf Mountains. The palace was built in the beginning of the 19th century and Italian architects were used.
It is a very peaceful place to visit. The gardens and courtyards are lovely. Besides the palace itself there is a museum of Kamal Jumblatt and a collection of Byzantine mosaics.
It is really worth a visit!
Entrance fee: 7500 LL (in June 02)
In the summer there is a festival in Beit Ed Dine. For more information about the festival have a look at:
Beit Ed Dine is situated 50 km southeast of Beirut, in Chouf Mountains.
After visiting Beit Ed Dine I walked to Deir al Qamar (6 km) . That was a nice walk.
The Hammam (bathhouse) at the palace of BeitEdDine. This is a beautiful Hammam with very nice marble decoration. To go... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Beit ed Dine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beit Ed Dine"
- "Beit ed Dine"
- "The Magnificent Ottoman Palace..."
- "Beiteddine Palace"
- "House of Religion, Architecture and Music"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beit ed Dine
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Beit ed Dine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beit ed Dine
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 146 reviews, 715 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 126 reviews, 618 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 34 reviews, 278 photos, 17 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 48 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Isla San Cristóbal Intro, 38 reviews, 237 photos, 10 travelogues
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues