Tripoli Things to Do Tips by MalenaN Top 5 Page for this destination
Tripoli Things to Do: 69 reviews and 151 photos
In the souq, Trablous
First arriving in Trablous I wanted to visit Khan as-Saboun, but walking the narrow streets of the souq I did not find the right way. I asked a woman for the way and she walked with me the right way all way to the khan (very kind of her). The souq is a lively place with many shops. There are different areas where you can buy gold, metalwork, cloths, fruits etc.
Walking around in the old town you will see many old buildings like hammams, madrassas, mosques and khans.
In the citadel, Trablous
On a hill above Trablous old town is Qala’at Sanjil. In English it is called Citadel of Raymond de Saint-Giles. Saint-Giles was the founder of the first fortress, which was built here in the 12th century. It later burnet down and it has been rebuilt and repaired many times and because of that you will see many different architectural styles in the fortress.
In June 2002 the entrance fee was 7500 LL.
Al - Mina, part of Trablous
Al-Mina is the port area of Trablous. Here it is nice to walk along the Cornish, breath the sea air and watch the boats. From here you can take a boat ride to one of the small islands off shore, for example Palm Island Reserve..
I visited Al-Mina during daytime, and there were some families strolling along the sea, but I have heard that in summer evenings there are many more coming here to enjoy a walk, the sea and something to eat.
Carving soaps in Khan as-Saboun
In this old Khan as-Saboun soaps have been sold for centuries. Nowdays most of the soap is made in a factory outside Tripoli.
I was shown around in the Khan and was smelling on the different lovely soaps. At that time I couldn't buy so much as I was travelling around for a few weeks more. But back in Lebanon I went back to Tripoli just to buy a lot of soaps, some for me and some as presents. There are many different scents, shapes and colours. They all have a bas of olive-oil.
They are just wonderful!
Address: Souk al-Sayyaghin, Tripoli
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: 961-3-874483, 961-6-438369
MalenaN's Related Pages
Tripoli Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "three cities in one"
- "Tripoli طرابلس"
- "Trablous - Tripoli"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tripoli
- Hotels in Tripoli
- Transportation in Tripoli
- Nightlife in Tripoli
- Restaurants in Tripoli
- Shopping in Tripoli
- Warnings and Dangers in Tripoli
- See All...
Explore the World
- Winneba Hotels
- Estepona Hotels
- Greenville Hotels
- Saint Pete Beach
- Taman Negara Kinabalu
- Kuttingen Hotels
Badges & Stats in Tripoli
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (126)
Have you been to Tripoli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tripoli
Photos in TripoliSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 123 reviews, 563 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 100 reviews, 486 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 371 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 57 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 56 reviews, 187 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mindo Intro, 20 reviews, 222 photos, 15 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (183)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (4)
Latest Tripoli hotel reviews
- Quality Inn Tripoli
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 6, 2013