"Dana Village" Dana by MalenaN
Dana Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 54 photos
Are you going to Dana? I hadn't planed to go there first but as I passed by on the way from Madaba to Petra and were invited for tea at the Tower Hotel I changed my mind. I skipped Jerash (as I have seen so many other Roman ruins) and came back to Dana for a couple of days.
It's a very nice place for walking and relaxing. The atmosphere is so peaceful.
Dana village is a stone village with origins in the 15th century. There are a few hotels and three small "supermarkets". In Dana Nature Shop at the Visitors Centre pottery and silverware made by local women can be bought. Craft made in the workshops in Dana are also sold in other parts of Jordan.
Dana village is on the border to Dana Nature Reserve, where you can find several trails to walk. The entrance fee to the reserve is 5 JD.
Fist time I passed by with a car, second time I came with bus and taxi. I took a bus from Aqaba to Ma'an (1 JD) and... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Dana
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (134)
Have you been to Dana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dana
Photos in DanaSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 146 reviews, 715 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 124 reviews, 608 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 34 reviews, 233 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 57 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 56 reviews, 187 photos, 9 travelogues