"Azraq" Top 5 Page for this destination Qasr al Azraq by MalenaN
Qasr al Azraq Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 48 photos
Azraq is a small town situated 103 km east of Amman. In Arabic Azraq means blue and it’s not hard to understand why the place has got that name, it has for long been an important oasis and the only one in a large area.
Items have been found that indicates that the area was inhabited already 200 000 years ago. The Nabateans, the Greek and Romans have all been here. And for the Umayyads it was a popular place. Nowadays the town is on the way to Iraq and Saudi Arabia.
When you walk around in Azraq Wetland Reserve you should follow the trails and not enter the tunnels in the reeds. The... more travel advice
Azraq Wetland Reserve contains a large mudflat, pools and marshlands just in the middle of the Eastern Desert of Jordan.... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Qasr al Azraq Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Qasr al-Azraq"
- "The Winter Hideout of Lawrence of Arabia"
- "QASR AL AZRAQ"
- "Qasr al Azraq"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Qasr al Azraq
- Hotels in Qasr al Azraq
- Transportation in Qasr al Azraq
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Qasr al Azraq
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (133)
Have you been to Qasr al Azraq?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Qasr al Azraq
Photos in Qasr al AzraqSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 145 reviews, 710 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 124 reviews, 607 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 34 reviews, 233 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 57 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 56 reviews, 187 photos, 9 travelogues