"Esfahan nesf-e jahan" Top 5 Page for this destination Esfahan by MalenaN
Esfahan Travel Guide: 339 reviews and 996 photos
There is a half-rhyme from the 16th century saying Esfahan is half the world (Esfahan nesf-e jahan). At this time, the 16th century, the ruler Shah Abbas I mad Esfahan the capital, and a grand city. The most beautiful buildings were built, many of them, like Imam Mosque, Sheikh Lotfollah Mosque and Ali Qapu Palace, you can see around Imam Square.
Many tourists, both Iranian and foreign, come to Esfahan to see the mosques covered with blue tile mosaics and the palaces, or to walk along the river between the old bridges or to shop in the covered bazaar. It is a city full of masterpieces when it comes to architecture and art.
Two evenings in Esfahan I ate at a traditional Iranian restaurant. I don’t know the name of it, but it is situated east... more travel advice
Chahar Bagh Street is the main street in Esfahan and it is going through the city from the north to the south and it is... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Esfahan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Everyone says it ....."
- "Esfahan nesf-e jahan"
- "HALF THE WORLD"
- "ISFAHAN or ESFAHAN, "THE HALF OF WORLD""
- "Shah Mosque"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Esfahan
- Hotels in Esfahan
- Transportation in Esfahan
- Nightlife in Esfahan
- Restaurants in Esfahan
- Shopping in Esfahan
- Warnings and Dangers in Esfahan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Esfahan
- 21 Reviews
- 104 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Esfahan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Esfahan
Photos in EsfahanSee All Photos (104)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 146 reviews, 715 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 126 reviews, 618 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 34 reviews, 278 photos, 17 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 48 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Isla San Cristóbal Intro, 38 reviews, 237 photos, 10 travelogues
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues