"Vanadzor" Vanadzor by MalenaN

Vanadzor Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 23 photos

Vanadzor is a town situated in northern Armenia, in Lori region. It is surrounded by green hills and is built on the banks of Pambak River. Many of the buildings here are built of the pink stone, so common in Armenia. In the outskirts are some big factories, like an ammonia plant.

I haven’t spent much time in Vanadzor. In 2003 I changed buses here, going between Yerevan and Alaverdi, and spent some time at the bus station. In 2006 I stayed a night. I arrived too late to visit the museum, but walked around, went to a restaurant and an Internet café.

• Last visit to Vanadzor: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 18, 2006

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2014 at 10:25 AM

This seems to be a good off the beaten path stop on the way between Tbilisi and Yerevan. I like the look of your room and love all those bus photos.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
      Feb 17, 2014 at 11:07 AM

It did feel very off the beaten path, but I like that. Thanks for visiting my pages Holger!

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2009 at 5:13 AM

very useful info

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2009 at 1:16 PM

You had a great breakfast ! What an exciting travel !

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2008 at 8:47 PM

Mmm, an exotic location indeed.

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2008 at 9:09 AM

I have had a lot of fun with menus I could not read.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2007 at 9:40 PM

Great page. Very green nice landscape. Too bad my Armenia postcard never arrived. May be one day :)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2006 at 10:03 AM

Very descriptive and interesting account of your adventures via bus and the guest house. I enjoy personal accounts very much because they take me step by step...very realistic.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2006 at 7:30 PM

I admire the way you travel to these (to me) really off the beaten path countries! Too bad the 'cheeseburger' and accoms did not work out perfectly, but you seem to have taken them in-stride! Beautiful pics as always.

Badges & Stats in Vanadzor

Have you been to Vanadzor?

Latest Activity in Vanadzor