"Sevan" Sevan by MalenaN

Sevan Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 86 photos

I stayed only one day and night in Sevan, at Sevanavank Peninsula. I saw the monastery and went for a swim in the lake, and took a walk (taxi back) to Sevan town, 6 km away. It was the 1st of August so the summer holiday had started for many Armenians, who had come to spend their holiday by the beach in Sevan.
There are other monasteries and beaches to visit around the lake, but I didn’t have the time for that. Hopefully another time!

• Last visit to Sevan: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 14, 2006

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2009 at 11:41 PM

what a beautiful place

• calcaf38's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Another wonderful page. I've often been in the same situation: people in the next rooms are having fun, but I'm SERIOUSLY traveling, with a bus to take at 5:45 the next morning to go to the next god-forsaken market. Thank for visiting my Antigua page too.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Haha, I know that trick "photo is forbidden but there is not sign because it would draw the attention"! I have seen that in Algeria!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2009 at 2:15 AM

The Katchkars are interesting aren´t they as is the lovely monastery. Nice page on Sevan.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2008 at 2:17 AM

Hi Malena, i love the pictures of the Monastry, just great.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2007 at 11:06 AM

What a peaceful looking lake but only if I don't read about the beach parties. Thanks for showing it to me!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2007 at 9:50 AM

I always enjoy reading your pages on trips to out-of-the-way places like Armenia and Turkey! Transportation was not easy but the view of Lake Sevan is fantastic! I actually think the church at Sevanavank is very impressive!

• mikeocalla's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2007 at 12:37 PM

Great pages on Armenia. I visited Armenia after going through Iran in May 2004 and indeed, I think I slept in the same hut in Sevan!! It was deserted in Sevan at that time and I had a very eerie night all by myself in the woods.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2007 at 5:59 PM

Learned a new term, "Katchors"..thanks. Beautiful area. More excellent travelogues with fantastic photographs.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2007 at 1:55 AM

Looks like an interesting area - there is a tree near Inverness which has cloth tied to it called the wishing tree

Badges & Stats in Sevan