"Echmiadzin and Zvartnots" Ejmiatsin by MalenaN
Ejmiatsin Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 87 photos
The Armenian Apostolic Church is the oldest church in the world and it has its centre in Echmiadzin. Echmiadzin means "descent of the only begotten", and the story say that Jesus showed St Gregory in a dream where to build a church. Besides the cathedral there are other old churches of interest, the Gayane Church and St Hripsime Church.
I visited Echmiadzin in June 2003 and Zvartnots in August 2006. They are together an Unesco World Heritage Site.
To go to Zvartnots from Yerevan you can take any bus or minibus from the corner of Mesrop Mashtots Poghota and Sarian... more travel advice
The town of Echmiadzin can easily be reached by bus from Yerevan. There are buses (nr 111) and minibuses leaving from... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Ejmiatsin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ejmiatsin, the Religous Center of Armenia"
- "Echmiadzin and Zvartnots"
- "Armenian holiest place"
- "Ejmiatsin - Armenia's religious center"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ejmiatsin
- 4 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (144)
Have you been to Ejmiatsin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ejmiatsin
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 156 reviews, 837 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 130 reviews, 638 photos, 3 travelogues
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 55 reviews, 460 photos, 25 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 59 reviews, 409 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 39 reviews, 327 photos, 21 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla San Cristóbal Intro, 38 reviews, 237 photos, 10 travelogues