"Echmiadzin and Zvartnots" Ejmiatsin by MalenaN
Ejmiatsin Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 83 photos
The Armenian Apostolic Church is the oldest church in the world and it has its centre in Echmiadzin. Echmiadzin means "descent of the only begotten", and the story say that Jesus showed St Gregory in a dream where to build a church. Besides the cathedral there are other old churches of interest, the Gayane Church and St Hripsime Church.
I visited Echmiadzin in June 2003 and Zvartnots in August 2006. They are together an Unesco World Heritage Site.
To go to Zvartnots from Yerevan you can take any bus or minibus from the corner of Mesrop Mashtots Poghota and Sarian... more travel advice
The town of Echmiadzin can easily be reached by bus from Yerevan. There are buses (nr 111) and minibuses leaving from... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Ejmiatsin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ejmiatsin, the Religous Center of Armenia"
- "Echmiadzin and Zvartnots"
- "Ejmiatsin - Armenia's religious center"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ejmiatsin
- 4 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (134)
Have you been to Ejmiatsin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ejmiatsin
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 146 reviews, 715 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 125 reviews, 613 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 34 reviews, 233 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 57 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 56 reviews, 187 photos, 9 travelogues