Yerevan Favorite Tips by MalenaN Top 5 Page for this destination
Yerevan Favorites: 16 reviews and 23 photos
View over north western Yerevan
Favorite thing: You can very easy get an Armenian visa via Internet and that’s what I got in 2003. It costs 60 dollars and take only two business days to issue. You apply for the e-visa at www.armeniaforeignministry.com
The e-visa can only be used if you are entering to the airport in Yerevan.
When I arrived at Yerevan airport most people seemed to apply for the visa there. It cost 30 dollars and you just had to fill in a paper.
So the last alternative is much cheaper, but if you want to have everything ready before leaving the e-visa is what you should have.
In 2006 I knew there was no problems to apply for the visa at the airport and I got my transit visa as I arrived for 20 dollars. A single entry visa is 30 dollars. You can’t apply for a multiple entry visa at the airport, and you can’t pay in Euros.
In one of the small parks of Yerevan
Favorite thing: Don't change more money at the airport in Yerevan. The rate is very bad. The signs are in Armenian and Russian and no one spoke English when I was there. The sign said 550 and beside it stood 55. It turned out that the 55 was some commission for every dollar you changed. In Yerevan you get between 580 - 586 drams for a dollar (June 2003).
The rates above was in 2003. When I left Yerevan in August 2006 the lowest rates in town was 493 drams for a dollar.
Arami Street, Yerevan
Favorite thing: The Georgian Embassy in Yerevan is opened between 10.30 - 13.00 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (Wednesdays are closed, and of course the day I went there). It opens up again at five o'clock to give back the passports with visas.
To have a visa issued in one day costs 75 dollars (they want to have the money in Drams). Otherwise it takes four business days and the price is then about the half. For the application you will need one photo.
The woman at the embassy said visas could be issued at one of the boarder crossings from Armenia (don't remember which one) for a cost of 80 dollars.
Address: Arami Street 42 (close to the Republic Square)
Telephon: 564357, 564183
More Reviews (22)
- See All Matenadaran
- See All Museum at Erebuni
- See All To Echmiadzin and Zvartnots
- See All Ice-cream at Armenia Mariott Hotel
MalenaN's Related Pages
Yerevan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yerevan – The pink city of Armenia"
- "YEREVAN - The 2800 Year-Old City"
- "GET HERE BY VAN !"
- "Modern Yerevan"
- "Yerevan, the 13th capital city of Armenia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yerevan
- Hotels in Yerevan
- Transportation in Yerevan
- Nightlife in Yerevan
- Restaurants in Yerevan
- Shopping in Yerevan
- Warnings and Dangers in Yerevan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yerevan
- 25 Reviews
- 98 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (249)
Have you been to Yerevan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yerevan
Photos in YerevanSee All Photos (98)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 157 reviews, 845 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 133 reviews, 653 photos, 3 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 78 reviews, 555 photos, 25 travelogues
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 56 reviews, 465 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 39 reviews, 327 photos, 21 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla Isabela Intro, 43 reviews, 266 photos, 11 travelogues