"Food festival in Juayúa" Juayùa by MalenaN
Juayùa Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 104 photos
Juayúa is a charming little town along Ruta de Las Flores. It was founded in 1577, but the area was inhabited long before that. In Nahuatl Juayúa means River of the purple orchids. In the town there is a central plaza with a park. Around it there is a white church, some shops and cafés.
In the surroundings there are mountains, coffee plantations and waterfalls. It’s a good area for nice hikes. As Juayua is situated 1060 metres above sea level there is also a pleasant climate.
Many tourists come here for the nature, but most visitors come during the weekend when there is a food festival where you can try many El Salvadorian dishes, but also international ones. The festival has taken place in Juayúa since 1997. As Juayúa get many visitors there is a good choice of accommodation and tours to choose from.
The streets just north and west of Templo del Señor Juayúa are covered and here is the market where you can buy fruits... more travel advice
I booked the Seven Waterfalls tour through Hotel Anáhuac. The tour was 20 dollars (June 2009). We started the walk at... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Juayùa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Food festival in Juayúa"
- "Travel Notes from Juayua"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Juayùa
- Hotels in Juayùa
- Transportation in Juayùa
- Restaurants in Juayùa
- Warnings and Dangers in Juayùa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Juayùa
- 11 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Juayùa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Juayùa
Photos in JuayùaSee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 146 reviews, 715 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 126 reviews, 618 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 34 reviews, 278 photos, 17 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 48 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Isla San Cristóbal Intro, 38 reviews, 237 photos, 10 travelogues
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues