Los Nevados Hotel Tips by MalenaN
Los Nevados Hotels: 2 reviews and 4 photos
Morning outside Pedro's house
The second night on the Los Nevados tour we stayed in a rustic home belonging to a man called Pedro. His house is situated at an altitude of 3200 metres and from here you will have beautiful views of the mountains (if it is not too cloudy). We stayed in a room with several bunk beds. I had a sleeping bag (which I had borrowed at Guamanchi’s in Merida) but as it is cold during night it was also necessary to use the thick woollen blankets in the room.
As we arrived we had soup to eat. This was perfect for warming up after the walk and later we had pasta. We also had tea to drink and Pedro, who was very kind had been out in the rain picking some herbs for a tea that was good for my cough. The food and water was cooked over a fire so the boiled water we filled our water bottles with tasted very much of smoke.
Interesting to know is that Pedro is the grandson of the first man who climbed Pico Bolivar (the highest mountain in Venezuela).
Comparison: about average
Directions: Above Mérida, not very far from La Aguada, the third station on the Teleférico.
Price: US$180 and up
Posada Guamanchi Los Nevados
I visited Los Nevados on a tour with Guamanchi Expeditions and therefore also stayed at Posada Guamanchi in Los Nevados. It is a nice place. Outside the rooms there is a long balcony with hammocks and a great view over the mountains and the valley. If it is cold in the hammock you can always bring on of the thick blankets from the room as cover. There are 19 rooms, some with shared bathroom and some with private bathroom. My room had a private bathroom with hot water in the shower (which I didn’t find first). It was very cold during the night, but I probably froze because I was not feeling well. I used long trousers, socks, sleeping bag and the thick woollen blanket.
As we arrived to Los Nevados we got lunch. Later on we had dinner and in the morning breakfast. I can’t exactly remember what we ate but it was all good. We also had tea to drink and after dinner I got a special tea for my cough.
You don’t have to be on a tour with Guamanchi to stay here As I paid for a three-day tour I don’t know how much it cost to stay here though.
MalenaN's Related Pages
Los Nevados Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Hotel Du Cap Eden Roc
- El Cid Granada & Country Club
- Best Western Fallsview
- Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel
- Rosita Hotel
- Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
- Woodquay Hostel
- Four Seasons Hotel Riyadh at Kingdom Centre
- Motor Court Motel
- Rocpool Reserve
- Kos Imperial Hotel
- The Meritage Resort and Spa Napa
- Harbour Hotel
- Amadil Beach
Badges & Stats in Los Nevados
- 4 Reviews
- 75 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (130)
Have you been to Los Nevados?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Los Nevados
Read real reviews about Los Nevados Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 125 reviews, 605 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 120 reviews, 587 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 371 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 34 reviews, 233 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 57 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 56 reviews, 187 photos, 9 travelogues