"San Antonio del Táchira" San Antonio del Táchira by MalenaN
San Antonio del Táchira Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 14 photos
San Antonio del Táchira is a quite small town on the border to Colombia. It is on the highway between San Cristobal and Cúcuta so many people pass here every day. I arrived late in the afternoon, went to a hotel and then went out to eat. I didn’t find a lot of restaurants, but after walking some blocks I found a fast food chicken place down on Avenida Venezuela. There are to nice plazas in town where you can sit watching people. I also looked for the DIEX office, where you get the exit- and entry stamps, so I would know where to go the next morning. You get the stamps in your passport at the office in town and not at the border. Don’t miss it!
San Antonio del Táchira is the shire town of Bolívar Municipality. In the municipality there are about 49 000 inhabitants. The average temperature is 26°C. The town San Antonio was founded in 1724 and at least once Simón Bolívar is said to have visited the town.
2 km northeast of the town there is an airport with flights to Caracas and Maracaibo.
Before you leave Venezuela you must pay the departure tax and get the exit stamp in your passport from the DIEX office... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in San Antonio del Táchira
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (249)
Have you been to San Antonio del Táchira?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Antonio del Táchira
- Posted in Travel Quito Forum "Re: Bus and taxi at International..."
- updated a San Antonio del Táchira Travel Page "San Antonio del Táchira"
- Commented on one of MalenaN's San Antonio del Táchira travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "San Antonio del Táchira"
- Wrote a Review From San Antonio to Pamplona (Colombia) in San Antonio del Táchira Transportation
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 157 reviews, 845 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 133 reviews, 653 photos, 3 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 78 reviews, 555 photos, 25 travelogues
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 56 reviews, 465 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 39 reviews, 327 photos, 21 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla Isabela Intro, 43 reviews, 266 photos, 11 travelogues