"Baños de Agua Santa" Top 5 Page for this destination Baños by MalenaN
Baños Travel Guide: 190 reviews and 753 photos
Before coming to Baños I thought I would not like the town because it would be too touristy. Yes, there are many tourists in Baños, but there are so many fun things to do and I enjoyed my stay very much. I cycled to Puyo, and did a bridge jump and visited waterfalls along the road, I also went canyoning, rafting, canopying and hiking. What I didn’t do was to visit one of the baths Baños is famous for to swim in the mineral rich water from the hot springs.
Baños itself is not a very pretty town, but the setting is beautiful in a valley surrounded by green mountains. Nearby is Volcán Tungurahua (5023 metres) which is a volcano with recent activity. In 1999 the inhabitants of Baños had to be evacuated , and also in 2006 and 2008 there was activity, but not so much that the people in Baños had to leave the town. When I visited there was no activity, but still the travel agencies in town advertise the night chiva-tours to Bellavista as volcano tours. It must have been a pretty sight though when you could see the orange glow from the volcano at night time.
Baños is situated at 1800 metres and the average temperature is 20°C. The population is 18 000.
Update 2013: My first visit to Baños was in 2011. In 2013 I came back but I just stayed for two nights. There was a lot of rain in Baños that time and as I had a cough I felt I couldn't do all activities that I wanted to do.
When I had been in Baños two years earlier I had done a bridge jump (puenting) from a lower bridge over Río Blanco.... more travel advice
Just north of the bus terminal in Baños there is a viewpoint with beautiful views over Río Pastaza. There is a passage... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Baños Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Baños de Agua Santa"
- "Avenida de las Cascadas, and Baños"
- "A Bug in Baños"
- "Baños - A relaxing adventure"
- "Banos: Ecuador's Adventure Capital"
- "Banos adventures"
- "Waterfalls Everywhere"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baños
- Hotels in Baños
- Transportation in Baños
- Nightlife in Baños
- Restaurants in Baños
- Shopping in Baños
- Warnings and Dangers in Baños
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Baños
- 34 Reviews
- 233 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (130)
Have you been to Baños?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baños
- Posted in Travel Stockholm Forum "Re: travel to Ludvika"
- Commented on one of MalenaN's Baños travel pages
- updated a Baños Travel Page "Baños de Agua Santa"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Jumping from San Francisco Bridge"
- Wrote a Review Jumping from San Francisco Bridge in Baños Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Baños
Photos in BañosSee All Photos (233)
Videos in BañosSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 125 reviews, 605 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 120 reviews, 587 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 371 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 34 reviews, 233 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 57 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 56 reviews, 187 photos, 9 travelogues