"Canoa" Canoa by MalenaN
Canoa Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 56 photos
There are around 6100 inhabitants in Canoa, of whom many work with fishing and tourism. There is a long sandy beach in front of the village where you can take relaxed walks, swim and surf. At the rocks in the north end of the beach there are caves where you can see bats. Along the beach there are many hostels/hotels, bars and restaurants, restaurants serving fresh seafood. Canoa is still a quiet and relaxed place, but it gets more crowded during weekends and high season.
During high season there are International surf competitions in Canoa. It is also a good place for new beginners to take lessons. Besides taking surf lessons there are many things you can do in and around Canoa, you can go horseback riding, paragliding, visit an organic farm or Isla Corazon. You can also take Spanish classes or dance lessons.
As the rest of the Ecuadorian coast there is a wet season and a dry season in Canoa. During the wet season, December – May, there can be daily downpours, but between the rains it is often sunny with blue sky. June – November is the dry season with very little rain. It becomes colder during the dry season, both on land and in sea, and it is mostly overcast.
Canoa is a good place to take surf lessons in and as surfing is something I have never done before I thought it was time... more travel advice
Amalur is owned by the most kind and helpful couple Diego and Lorena from Spain. Other good things about Amalur, besides... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Canoa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our Trip to Canoa"
- "Paradise 5 hours from Quito"
- "A calm beach resort... Une station balneaire cool"
- "Ecuador Surf and Yoga classes on the beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canoa
- Hotels in Canoa
- Transportation in Canoa
- Restaurants in Canoa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canoa
- 5 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (248)
Have you been to Canoa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canoa
Photos in CanoaSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 157 reviews, 845 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 133 reviews, 653 photos, 3 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 78 reviews, 555 photos, 25 travelogues
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 56 reviews, 465 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 39 reviews, 327 photos, 21 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla Isabela Intro, 43 reviews, 266 photos, 11 travelogues